Friday 12 July 2024

Shopping, Nice Shopping and Freebies

 

Not a lot of shopping from Sainsbury's this week, just the things that I really needed.  

Although I feel guilty just looking at this photo ... I wasn't charged for the bananas!!  I have been doing my shopping, paying with cash and using the self-service tills recently, but this time the lady at the checkout was sat doing nothing so it seemed rude to walk past her.  Hence it was her fault that I have ended up with two free bananas.  But I have decided that I will ease my guilt by spending an extra 50p for the food bank this week.

I bought two more tubs of my favourite spread as they were on offer at £3.25 instead of the more usual £4, so that will keep me stocked up for quite a while.

Total spend at Sainsbury's £12.44.


Then there was an offer of an extra 10% off any items on the Deliciously Ella website shop, I already get 15% as an app subscriber ... so I went for it and placed an order.  It's easy to be swayed when you are feeling sad, but I'm glad that I was as this little lot will keep me in treats and snacks while we are on the move visiting Mum two or three times a week for the next few weeks.  

Alan has no problem finding himself tasty little treats and likes buying them when he's out and about, but there is usually limited or even no choice of things that I can have, and anyway I object to paying the prices charged at service stations.

I like the message on the box.



And this is why I like Deliciously Ella products.  

Yes, they are slightly more expensive than the norm but they are all very good quality and very satisfying.

A total spend at Deliciously Ella of £43.29.

Now I have got to be good and not just nibble away on all these tasty treats too regularly.  😄

The Deliciously Ella Shop, and the link to the website is also on my sidebar under the heading Websites.

To make up just a little bit, for spending a total of £55.73 this week I have also picked up a couple of freebies.  This can of energy drink worth £1.80 was this week's Booths cardholder free gift.  I don't like them but Alan does when he's on a long drive down South for work.


On the same day I picked up the salt and a spare napkin leftover from Alan's cooked breakfast at Booths, I just had a coffee while we were there but he was hungry.

And finally this morning we had to be out and about at breakfast time again, so we had a coffee each and shared a plate of toast at Dobbie's, which is somewhere that we knew Mavis could join us as we are trying to take her everywhere we possibly can when we go out and she is loving it.   

Alan finished all his honey so I just brought home the empty jar, but I had half of my marmalade and a pot of dairy-free spread leftover so they went into my bag along with the excess sugar that was put on our tray.

Not a lot of freebies considering the spending this week, but to quote a famous supermarket ... 'Every little helps ...'.

Now I have to come up with a plan that will stop me spending any money at all next week. 😀 


Sue xx



14 comments:

  1. The deliciously Ella goodies look reasonable value for the quality and you certainly deserve treats.
    There's just something about those cute little mini jars of preserves that get my attention, especially when they've got the gingham lids - little things ..........
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little jars are super cute aren't they. Alan uses a couple for his tablets when he's working away and sometimes forgets to bring his empties home, so it's always good to have a few more spare. The gingham lids match the ones on my homemade jams so I really like them.

      Delete
  2. I never use all of one of those little pots of jam and like you I pop it into my bag. I use mine for little beads and sequins if I am taking my sewing to a class/in the motorhome. Enjoy the treats-my daughter sometimes makes some treats from Ella’s cookbook. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They come in handy for lots of little things don't they. It's good that so many of Ella's bars etc can be replicated at home from her books.

      Delete
  3. What cute little jars. I would take them home as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love tiny little things. :-)

      Delete
  4. I also talk about 'nice shopping' and my family think I'm nuts!!! Shopping is just shopping for them. Lol!! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like food shopping, and shopping for 'nice' things and treats is even better. 😄

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you treated yourself to some of your special treats. And I'm sure Mavis appreciates being able to go places with you instead of being home, missing Suky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a good little traveller and she enjoys being in the car so it makes it nice and easy to take her with us whenever possible. 🙂

      Delete
  6. So glad to read this, I was on the verge of emailing to send you another virtual hug.

    Your Deliciously Ella things look lovely, I may have to have a bimble over to the website/app.

    You're definitely doing the right thing by Mavis and I am sure she appreciates the extra much-needed closeness. Dogs are pack animals and if given the choice I do not think many of them would choose to stay behind when their clan go off somewhere, xx 🐾 💚 🐾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The website is well worth a look. Yes, Mavis will only be left at home when it's not safe for her to come with us, either due to any heat ... that we might eventually get ... us having to leave the car to go somewhere not dog friendly, or when Ginger is at home to keep her company.

      Delete
  7. How pleasant to meet you at The Cafe last Wednesday. I hadn't been following for a while and only today looked you up.. I am so sorry that Suki is no longer with you and it has been such a short while ago.
    We are such fools for our animals and they leave such large holes in our lives. Take Care. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to meet you and your friend (and gorgeous doggy) in Cobblers last week. Yes, we only lost Suky on Saturday, it's been a week of getting used to being without her. 😔

      Delete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.