Monday 29 July 2024

Day Eight - Sweet Breakfast, Fishcakes ... and 'Almost' an Action Replay

 

Sorting the freezer drawers out the other day was a brilliant way of refreshing my mind to what was actually in there, and one thing I had forgotten about was my 'teacake style loaf' bought right at the beginning of July.  

It made for a sweet and tasty breakfast.  I don't usually go for overly sweet things but when tempered with a black coffee they go down well occasionally.


I wasn't overly hungry at lunchtime, so I thought I would have the remaining two fishcakes and the last of the 'swapsies' tomatoes from Alan.

My tea was almost an action replay of yesterday's but I thought I would add some of the roasted vegetables to the rice and peas and slice up one of the beetroots for a bit of freshness.  It was a very tasty mix.

I'm keeping it short and sweet today as we are off for a meeting in Manchester to discuss Mum's ongoing health concerns with the Assessment Centre staff.


Sue xx



14 comments:

  1. Great grub and I hope the meeting is very helpful. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a tasty and satisfying, if simple day of food. Thank you. 🙂

      Delete
  2. The only time I'm likely to eat anything sweet is at breakfast when I sometimes fancy a pain au chocolate or a danish pastry. Are you still watching the Kitchen Scrap? He's got really interesting and his editing can be so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love his videos, his editing and clips are spot on. 😀

      Delete
  3. Great meals all day. Good luck in the meeting about your Mum-I went through this with my own Mum and it’s not an easy to do.❤️ Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not easy, this is the third time in two years. ☹️

      Delete
  4. I find when it's very hot, I am not normally particularly hungry. Those meals look very tasty and simple to make. Sorry to hear that your mum's ongoing health needs are requiring meetings. Never an easy time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lighter meals and lots of drinks are suiting me just fine in this little heatwave. 😀

      We have our fingers crossed that she will look after herself better when she is discharged this time. This is possibly her last chance for living at home on her own.

      Delete
  5. I do hope the meeting went well Sue for your Mum and systems have been put into place so your Mum can return back home♥ Also many thank to Fiona A for mentioning the Kitchen Scrap, new subscriber here:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went very well overall and hopefully Mum should be able to go home next week with a good care package in place. The Kitchen Scrap is brilliant isn't it, Jake makes a really good job with his editing and it all makes for a really informative and entertaining video for anyone that enjoys cooking, especially wartime era food and rationing.

      https://www.youtube.com/@thekitchenscrap

      Delete
    2. Great to hear about your Mum:) Very impressed with Jake, lovely chap

      Delete
  6. In addition to peas, I often grate a carrot into the rice when I cook it; it's another way to add some vegetables into my meals.
    I hope the discussions regarding your mother's care go well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, I could have used my one and only carrot for that but I decided to save it to make some coleslaw. The meeting went quite well thanks. xx

      Delete
  7. Your meals always look delicious, Sue. I hope the meeting goes okay. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.