Tuesday 30 July 2024

Day Nine - A 'Nine Day' Challenge? ... and a Pining Cat

 


I don't know why I thought this was going to be a nine day challenge ... when there is quite clearly another day left of this month!!   I am determined to mine the last of the bits from the fridge to complete this month.  There are some snippets to be had, and I'm having them. 😄

Anyway here is yesterday's food.

Breakfast scrambled eggs on toast, with three of my remaining seven baby plum tomatoes.


Lunch was a cod fillet and bun from the freezer and the last of the coleslaw from the fridge, well almost the last of it, I ate the rest while the fish was cooking.

My tea was a microwave pouch of Peri-Peri rice that I found in the cupboard, I have no recollection of buying it, but there it was.  I just cooked up some mixed veggies from the freezer and added the two together.  It worked really well actually.  

I do love rice. 🍚

Ginger is still pining for Suky.

As far as he knows Alan took the dogs for a walk and only returned with Mavis ... he has been sitting at the front of the house in front of my car every day for hours at a time ever since he noticed Suky was missing, which actually, rather weirdly, was about two days after she died.


He watches ...


... until he decides it's time to give up and come back inside.

My heart breaks for him, although once he is in he is very happy in our company.  He simply thinks that one of the gang is missing and doesn't know why.  😢

And now because I have finally realised that this is a ten day challenge, I need to go and  peruse the shelves and drawers of the fridge ... it shouldn't take me long!!


Sue xx




22 comments:

  1. Oh poor little Ginger, I teared up reading about him waiting for Suky to return.
    Your meals look delicious, especially the fish in a bun 😍
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are quite surprised as they never seemed overly close, he obviously looked up to her and appreciated her presence. Thinking about it the two of them were the last of the animals that moved with us from Berkshire to Wales, and then onwards. Now he's the last of the original gang.

      Delete
  2. My heart breaks for little Ginger. What a faithful pal.
    Lovely meals and I am absolutely sure you will do that extra day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's getting lots of extra cuddles ... when we can get him to stay inside for any length of time.

      Delete
  3. Yes, poor cat. It's tough on the one that's left. Our cats really didn't get on well together, but McCavity still missed Leo for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's still got his best buddy Mavis, they sleep near each other every night. Although Mavis likes to cuddle up in all her blankets in the big dog bed and Ginger stretches out on the carpet along the skirting board which is his current favourite place, just as we get used to his 'places' they change.

      Delete
  4. Poor Ginger - I know how he feels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww ... I know you do. Take care of yourself. xx

      Delete
  5. Poor Ginger : - ( My little cat will know how he feels. We adopted him 18 months ago as his Mummy had had a heart attack and passed away. When the paramedics got to her Bobby was sitting on the bed next to her pawing her face trying to wake her up. He spent the first six months sitting near our front door waiting for her - broke my heart. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, poor Bobby. It's a times like these that I wish we could talk the same language as them and explain.

      Delete
  6. Ginger must wonder where his friend has gone-what empathy animals can show for each other. I made breaded chicken fillets with salad sandwiches last night on having seen you do similar with you fishy fingers. It was delicious after a very hard day’s work trying to clean up after the window fitters. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like the perfect warm weather evening meal after a hard day, I'm glad I gave you a bit of inspiration.

      Delete
  7. I was in a Greggs the other day and noticed that they are now selling fish finger sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't tell me this, this is dangerous information ... haha. :-)

      Delete
  8. Aww, poor Ginger looking for the rest of the gang. Strange that it took two days to notice Suky was missing. Perhaps Ginger was thinking of her being at the vets.

    Good for you extending your challenge an extra day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly yes, he's used to us all coming and going while he's home based though, so that could be why.

      Haha, I had to really, after all there's another day left of July. 😄

      Delete
  9. Very sad reading about Ginger😢 Your meals look very tasty. I'm looking forward to seeing your meals on your last day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He makes me feel sad everytime I see him sat there. ☹️

      Delete
  10. Aw, poor Ginger, watching and waiting for his friend to come home.
    I'm sure you will be able to find something to get you through day 10 of the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sad isn't it. ☹️

      I'll never go hungry with all the food that I have in the cupboard and freezer ... even if the fridge is a bit sparse. 😀

      Delete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.