Friday 20 September 2024

My £2 a Day Food Shopping Challenge - Day Four

 

Day Four Shopping - Total Cost £2.64

Going so far over my £2 was possible because there was an 87p underspend yesterday so I had £2.87 to play with.  It's good to try and have some cheaper days when you know that there's something 'expensive' that you want to buy on another day.  The eggs cost me £1.35, which would be cheap in any other scenario.



Meals


Breakfast 
- 1 slice of  toast and a banana



Lunch - Egg Mayo Sandwiches, made with 3 slices of bread and 2 eggs.



Tea - Potato Wedges and Mayo

I wasn't overly hungry after my filling lunch so I just a plate of wedges with a dollop of the mayo for dunking purposes.  It was a very simple days food, but very satisfying and I enjoyed it.



Leftovers Carried Forward:

400g SR Flour

 DF Spread

Jam

375g Pasta

2 portions of Pasta Sauce

Mayo

10 slices of bread

4 Eggs

Tin of Peaches


Cash - 23p




Sue xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.