Sunday 22 September 2024

My £2 a Day Food Shopping Challenge - Day Six

 

Day Six Shopping - Total Cost 70p

I wanted to use up some of what I already had, so there was no need for much shopping today.  I had planned to buy a pack of 6 small apples that had, according to Sainsbury's Online been price matched to Aldi, but when I got to the shop there was no sign of them.  So I made the decision to just buy two apples, leaving myself with more cash to play with tomorrow.


Meals


Breakfast - Two Poached Eggs on Toast

I thought that this would be a nice change from just toast, and it was.  It was pretty filling too.


Lunch - Two thirds of a can of peach slices.

I wasn't overly hungry, but when I peered in the fridge and saw the peach slices I thought that they would make a small but tasty lunch for me.  It was exactly what I needed, although a tad sweet eating that many at once, maybe I should have rinsed them in cold water and not just drained them from the syrup.



Tea - A Cheese and Tuna Toasted Sandwich

Gosh, this made for a tasty tea, just what I needed after my light and fruity lunch.  Made with 3 slices of my bread, half a tin of tuna and about a quarter of the grated cheese.


Supper - One of the apples cut into slices.


Leftovers carried forward:

240g SR Flour

 DF Spread

Jam

250g Pasta

1 serving of Pasta Sauce

Mayo

9 slices of Bread

2 Eggs

150g Cheese

1/2 tin of Tuna

1 Apple



Cash - £1.13



Sue xx



5 comments:

  1. The poached eggs breakfast would have been very filling. You are doing so well on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was, filling and tasty too. 😀

      Delete
  2. Your week is going so well.
    I checked up at Aldi website for what I could get for £14 - It wasn't enough! Probably why I'm overweight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crunchy apples-yummy! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Day six and you're coming up with - for me at any rate - the most satisfying food so far!
    Well done; I'd happily eat that ration on a non challenge day.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.