Wednesday 25 September 2024

A Blast from the Past



Sometimes Facebook Memories throws up a lovely blast from the past and gets you really thinking about everything you have done over the years.

This is a scene from September 2012 in Chicken World, from when we lived on our smallholding in Berkshire.  Seemingly it was moving day for the birds.  We used to move them up the Near Paddock by a quarter every couple of months to give the grass time to recover and give them other areas to play in.  It usually went well.  😀

The full story of moving day is on my blog HERE.
 


One of the geese ... it could be Harry. Larry or Mo, I can't tell them apart any more!!  



Caldwell the Second, the ruler of the roost.



And finally Alan doing one of his favourite jobs, processing apples for apple juice and cider.

It's nice to have a look backwards every now and then and see all that we got up too.  One day I might even read through my old blog chronologically and have a real trip down memory lane.


Sue xx



4 comments:

  1. I do read you small life blog from the very beginning entertaining to say the least, thank you (Sandy mid wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice. I'm glad you enjoy it. 😀 These photos were all on my original 'Our New Life in the Country ' blog.

      Delete
  2. I think I remember that top photo. I really enjoyed your small holding posts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to look back and see what was going on back then, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.