Thursday 5 September 2024

Flowers, Snuggle Bunnies and a Mystery Read

 


I don't often photograph my flowering plants, but with the chilly days we have been having just recently, these have been really lifting my spirits.  A little ray of sunshine in such variable weather.


Lots of little rays of sunshine.

The whole plant wasn't doing well until recently and then the sudden heavy downfalls of rain last week brought it to life and now it is glorious.


Another beauty is this Anemone 'Ruffled Swan', I don't usually remember the names of plants, but this one suits it so well.  Every stage of these flowers is beautiful.  I love the drooping, lilac tinged heads before they finally open their faces to the light.

Don't worry I'm not going to become a flower and plant bore, they are just making me smile and deserved a mention.  Oh, and I've finally got some more courgettes ... but they are still not much wider than a pencil.  πŸ˜„


In other 'not so flowery news' ... the air fryer has gone!!

I decided that I loved the space it had left more than I loved the occasional convenience that it gave me.  So after just one day on Facebook Marketplace, I found it a very good home with a single elderly man who's oven had just given up the ghost.  So everyone is happy and I have £20 to go into my Christmas fund.


Finally, a couple of cuddle bunnies who were not impressed by the gloomy morning the other day, and jumped on the chair to snuggle up together.  I was going to hoover but that would have been rude, so I sat quietly in my chair and read through the unusual read that has started my book reading off this month. 


My mystery read.  😢



Sue xx




24 comments:

  1. Those flowers are beautiful! I'm relishing the remainder of summer colour in the garden right now because it's so chilly night and morning AND it's dull and drizzly today too. Aww...those snuggle bunnies look cosy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really have to drink in all the colour in the garden at the moment don't we, mostly because the sky is usually very grey!! They know how to have a good nap together before breakfast, anyone would think they hadn't just been asleep all night.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous flowers - show as many photos as you like! Hmm, 2016 diary....must be a reason why you're re-reading that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is, it's fascinating, but not the 'thing' that I thought it was. πŸ˜„

      Delete
  3. Those flowers are very lovely and cheer up a dull day.
    The £20 will be useful at Christmas as you say, don't think you're going to regret that decision. Looking forward to seeing what the mystery read is about.
    Alison in Wales x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fascinating read and giving me lots of tips. πŸ˜€

      Delete
  4. Love seeing that pair snuggled up together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They love cuddling up together. πŸ±πŸ•

      Delete
  5. What is your mystery read??

    This is Sandi from Dandelion Tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All will be revealed ... eventually. πŸ˜„

      Delete
  6. We have those anemones too and they are still flowering beautifully despite the weather. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine are the same in blue. It took a while to find an A5 Day to a Page diary which didn’t give half a page each for Saturday and Sunday. My Dad kept them from when the moved back to Wales and had a cottage and garden to restore. Most days started with, “We played Scrabble, Betty won.” I can picture them at the small table in the lean-to kitchen, by the cast iron range, with a pot of tea at the back keeping hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is an A4 'page to a day' office diary. We bought too many for the company that year, so I decided to make good use of it.. Luckily, and quite unusually, it has a full page for Saturday and Sunday too. πŸ˜€

      Delete
  8. I know them as Japanese anemones (no idea whether that is correct or not). Mine are all different shades of pink and have been fabulous - they seem to like all the moisture.

    Your 'mystery read' made me chuckle - I was dipping into 2018 and 2019 last week 🧐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fascinating dipping into old diaries isnt it, whatever they may contain. πŸ˜€

      Delete
  9. Your flowers are beautiful! I've very few flowers in my garden, right now, as this heat has scorched everything. It's currently 108F/42.2C and tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter. :)
    Those too cuddle bunnies are so cute!
    Glad you were able to sell your air fryer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel so guilty if I see flowers and vegetable shrivelling up in intense heat. Gosh, I don't know how you cope with that sort of heat, I struggle in the high 20s. :-(

      Delete
  10. Those are beautiful photos of flowers so I hope you will post more in the future. We all (well, at least I think, we all) love flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do lift the spirits don't they. 🌻

      Delete
  11. Such lovely flowers and the cuddle bunnies are so cute.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist photographing either of them. πŸ˜€

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous photo of Mavis and Ginger😻 I have a Letts Schoolgirl Diary going back to 1967 oh dear😳 I've been keeping diaries every since! We feed our cockatoos sunflower seeds and had patches that grew where they missed the seed. I really should pot some as they are such beautiful flowers🌻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had all my teenage diaries for a while, and then I forgot the code I used in them and couldn't make head nor tail of them so they had to go ... maybe for the best. ;-)

      All my old dairies pre-2020 (except from our farm diary from our first year of self-sufficiency and given to us by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall) were burnt on a funeral pyre just before we left Wales, it was very therapeutic.

      Delete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.