Sunday 31 March 2024

The Last Day of March, Losing an Hour and Time to Fling Open the Windows

Artwork by Lucy Almey Bird

It's the last day of March, the day our clocks have gone forward by an hour here in the UK, and Easter Sunday as well.  So I thought I would share this beautiful picture by Lucy Almey Bird, it's also one of the prints that I treated myself to recently and that Alan is paying for the framing of for my birthday.

It's just joyous isn't it. 

 Flinging open the window and letting the Spring in, in all her glory.

I did a final shop for March to take slight advantage of the bargain 15p vegetables that are available in most of the UK Supermarkets this week.  I didn't need much but I did need potatoes and onions ... so that's exactly what I bought.  As you can see I also bought a few other things.  😁

For the first time I have gone over my £100 a month budget, but only by 38p and as I was already in credit to the tune of £42.55, I am still actually under budget for the first three months of the year.

My total spend for March was £100.38

So I still have £42.17 carried over in the emergency fund from the first two months of the year, when I did manage to stay under my budget.

Wow, three months of the year gone already ... time is going by far too quickly!!

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter, however you celebrate and even if you don't, I hope you have a lovely few days of fine weather and time to do exactly what you want to do.

Alan bought me an Easter egg and a bottle of wine, I chose them and he paid as he said he couldn't be trusted to get it right ... he can't.  😄


Sue xx



18 comments:

  1. Up early here. For the first time in decades, and even after printing a list of which things to advance an hour, we forgot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one thing left to advance, the oven, and I cannot for the life of me remember how to do it. I've been up since 5, which really would be 6 because my bedroom clock said that it was quarter to 12 and that puzzled me into waking up properly. 😂🤣

      Delete
  2. I always do the bedroom clock before I go to bed otherwise puzzling over what the time is would wake me up!
    Just wish we could have some spring weather - grey again today here in Suffolk.
    My food spend this month was dreadful - must do better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did my bedroom clock at 9pm, thinking that would be it. I went to bed at 10.30/11.30pm and it still said 9pm, so I reset it, gave it a jiggle made sure it was ticking and went to sleep. I woke at 5am and it said quarter to 12 ... which confused me. Instantly wide awake and then I never went back to sleep.

      It's a gorgeous day here, we have just got back from an early morning walk on the prom at Morecambe with the dogs. It's going to be a long day!!

      Delete
  3. Well done keeping to your monthly budget (going over by 38p doesn't matter, especially as you had money leftover from the previous months).
    Happy Easter to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you have a lovely Easter. xx

      Delete
  4. I love that illustration, what a riot of colour and pattern!
    We changed the bedside clocks after coming home from the pub last night, Jon must have had one more pint than me as he managed to forward his by an hour and a half!
    Oh for some fine weather. I hope it's less grey up with you then it is here! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her artwork, I should have my three prints back from the framers in time for my birthday on the 19th. Then they will be up on the wall. An hour and a half is a little bit excessive, he'll be way ahead of everyone else!! Yes, it's lovely and sunny here today.

      Delete
  5. Really lovely picture, I can understand getting it framed - how talented that artist is.
    Enjoy your wine and chocolate x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it, I shared a link to her website on this post: https://eatingwellonasmallbudget.blogspot.com/2024/02/a-very-early-birthday-splurge.html

      Delete
  6. All our timepieces righted themselves except the brand new cooker! I wouldn’t allow lunch until it was almost 2oclock on the clocks -my husband’s stomach is ruked by what it says on the clock! We will gradually bet used to the lost hour as the week progresses. Happy Easter. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It usually takes me a while to get used to it, as my usual natural waking time is 6.45am in Winter and strangely I find myself waking earlier than that when the clocks go forward. It shouldn't be the case at all should it, I should be getting a lie in. :-)

      Delete
  7. Happy Easter. Here in Canada the provinces that switch to daylight savings time did so on the 10th. Saskatchewan, where I live stays at the same time year round.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea that was where you lived, we are around 4,000 miles apart. Isn't technology amazing. :-)

      Delete
  8. No daylight savings here in Queensland, it's weird as some states have DLS and other don't. Can't wait to see (hopefully) your framed artwork on your walls. Lucy is so talented and I love her work. I've just started to follow her on Instagram♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very strange that some do and some don't, it must make it really awkward for the folks that live near the borders! My three framed prints should be available to pick up in a week or so, I can't wait to see them. :-)

      Delete
  9. Love that picture, definitely a "throw those curtains wide" image

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just sums up the Spring mood so well doesn't it. I love the prints that I have chosen as they all have so much of 'me' in them. In this case the pitcher on her worktop, the storage jars on the shelf, along with the stacks of bowls ... and that gorgeous green wallpaper.

      Delete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments.