Friday 22 March 2024

'It was one of those March days ... '

 


This is oh so true today.  💖

The washing is blowing in the sunshine, and while I tried to sit out in the garden to finish the final chapter of my book, it was just a tad chilly.  So I made a fresh cup of coffee and retreated to the warmth of the living room.  The sun coming through the glass of the French doors feels wonderful, and now I am inside my coffee is staying hot.

The dogs assumed their usual basking positions.


And the final two slices of the banana bread was consumed with far too much butter ... naughty but delicious.

It's hard to believe that this photo was taken way back in 2009. 

 My grandson pictured here, was 19 yesterday.  He now has a daughter of his own and of course that makes my son Simon, in this photo with him, a grandad and my Mum a great-great-granny.  I rarely share family things on this blog but this photo just makes me smile, and happily it made my grandson smile yesterday when I put it onto his Facebook page.  Being a dad himself he has now really matured ... although saying that they are off for a week in Ibiza next week and he's been sharing scenes of raves on his Facebook page!!


Sue xx


16 comments:

  1. What a great family pic, love it x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a happy snap isn't it. Kyle didn't remember it at all, so he was thrilled seeing it yesterday.

      Delete
  2. Charles Dickens got today spot on!
    Love the snuggling dogs and that family photo is lovely. Happy birthday to your grandson. I don't need to tell him to have a fantastic time in Ibiza, I know he will! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he will, he's been before and he's raring to go. He says he's mourning that last of his teenage years!! Oh to be that young again, but know what we know now. :-)

      Delete
  3. That Dickens quote certainly applied today! Lovely family pic Sue, does having a 19 y.o. grandson and a great granddaughter make you feel old? (although you seem too young to have a GGD!). I think the amount of butter on that banana bread is just right ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, especially as I have a 24 year old grandson and a 5 year old great grandson (and his little brother) as well. 😄

      Delete
  4. 😊 sweet photo!

    Basking dogs...smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs know how to enjoy the moment don't they. 🙂

      Delete
  5. What a lovely photo.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photo and hope he enjoys Ibiza. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was their Christmas present off his girlfriends family. Gosh aren't they lucky, I used to get a toiletry gift set at that age. 😂

      Delete
  7. What a gorgeous photo.
    And I absolutely love that quote - Dickens has such a way with words, doesn't he?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between Dickens and Shakespeare we have a wealth of quotes to choose from. :-)

      Delete
  8. Time seems to pass so quickly as we grow older. My eldest grandson will be 19 this year too and it just doesn't seem possible. Lovely photo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It goes by so quickly. My eldest grandson is 24 and his eldest already 5. They make us feel old don't they. 😄

      Delete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments.