Friday 15 March 2024

A Trip Down a 'Challenging' Memory Lane



 I fell down a rabbit hole of my own writings the other day, and then returned today to see what happened next.

I used to have a blog called Challenging Myself, in fact I still do I just don't write on it anymore.  It lies dormant as I felt 'all challenged out' for a while.  I was checking the old blog to see the stats and to see if anyone was still reading it or finding it useful, and surprisingly I found that it still visitors every day.

  So I decided to become one of them and read my own ramblings.


The post that caught my eye first was the one that had this as it's header photo and the title that grabbed my attention was 'Crazy Days Challenge - Day 999 - Challenging Myself to Give a F*ck' ... now you can see why, that's enough to catch anyone's attention! 😆

I read this post, and then went right back to the first day of this particular Challenge, which I had named The Crazy Days Challenge - Life in Lockdown and I was hooked.  An hour later I came up for air and coffee and then bookmarked the page I was up to and actually got on with some work for a while.

It's funny how interesting reading your own words four years after you wrote them is, and that was a weird time period in all our lives wasn't it.  Lockdown and it's own challenges caught us all unawares for a while and caused lots of problems.  Perhaps this is why I had never revisited these posts, but now that I have read them I am glad I did.


We all learned a lot about ourselves and our lives over that period, and I do feel that though we all had to face some really tough times we came out of it with a different appreciation of what we have and what we are capable of.


Sue xx


20 comments:

  1. Old blog posts are a marvellous ‘rabbit hole’ and one I confess I have gone down on a few occasions.

    I am glad you enjoyed your unscheduled visit, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to do this more often, just to check all my previous waffling. :-)

      Delete
  2. Me too. Sometimes the photo app on the tablet flashes up "your memory from x years ago" - and I have no Idea what was happening in the picture, so I look it up on the blog and find it was a random day trip, or an unexpected boot sale discovery... And two hours later...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly that ... hours later!! It's good to tumble down memory lane occasionally isn't it.

      Delete
  3. Blogs really are the 21st Century equivalent of a diary but with photos. It’s hard to believe that it’s four years since the first lockdown and the feelings it evoked for many. Our friend would die on a ventilator in Glasgow just 10 days into lockdown and we didn’t get to say goodbye. I didn’t realise how well my husband and I got along together, despite our toddler style bickering, until we were shut in together for weeks on end. The sense of being grateful for all that we have has never left me-the only thing positive to come out of that awful time. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that is a very good positive thing to have. Gratitude is a good emotion. xx

      Delete
  4. Lockdown taught me a habit I still do on waking up each morning.
    I open the back door and just listen to it all - traffic, birdsong, a child calling...
    That feeling of being grateful for being alive for just one more day was intense during Lockdown and has remained with me ever since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a perfect way to start each day. xx

      Delete
  5. I love your challenges! Sometimes I think 'she's barking mad' and sometimes I think 'oh my goodness, that's amazing.' Lol! Always interesting though :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Barking mad' sounds closest to the truth!! :-)

      Delete
  6. I have found looking back at things I wrote during 2020 fascinating. So much uncertainty; and yet, for people fortunate to be well placed in their homes and without desperate financial worries, what an opportunity for reflection and thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In lots of ways it did some of us some good. There was lots of loss and upset, but lots of us were quite lucky to get through that period of our lives relatively unscathed.

      Delete
  7. Here in Canada we were never as locked down as other countries, though there are those that will say we were. While we were not supposed to go and visit, one could still go for long walks or drives. We could still shop for groceries, visit the pharmacy, and got to enjoy church via Zoom.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all found ways to do the things asked of us at that time didn't we, and usually with good grace. xx

      Delete
  8. I have always enjoyed reading about your challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed them. xx

      Delete
  9. I love that - maybe I ought to re-read mine although I think I might find it more embarrassing than inspiring. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know. I think reading back shows us how much we have changed, what has stayed the same and what a good world blogging has been to us all.

      Delete
  10. We were watching a show recently and everyone was wearing masks. We were so tempted to turn it off, but we kept watching. Everyone looked so ridiculous and it was such a reminder of a crazy time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are still some vulnerable people wearing masks in the supermarkets if you go shopping early in our small town, we seem to have a high percentage of the older generations here.

      Delete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments.