Monday 25 March 2024

You Wait for Ages ... and Then Two Come Along at Once

 


You wait for ages and then two come along at once, a frequent saying back in Manchester when we had been stood at the bus stop for ages and then two rolled up together.  In my case though it is shopping trips.

I shopped twice last week, just little top up shops, the first was the one shown last week where I spend just £2.02 and this is the second one ... spending a grand total of $4.05.  And getting a free coffee bag with my Booths card.


I have never tried a coffee bag before, so this will hopefully be a tasty novelty.

I have no idea how much a full pack of these is to buy, but the free gift of one coffee bag rang up as 10p.


The receipt.

So my total shopping for last week was just £6.07 ... and a 10p freebie.


Some things I picked up on Sunday before we went to visit Mum in hospital.  

I'm classing this as this weeks first shop and it came in at £12.15.  The liquorice packs were bought in pairs, one for me and one for Mum of each type as they were both on special offer and we are both liquorice fiends.  But I'm only counting mine as from my own budget.  The little cans of wine and spritzer are lovely for a single cold drink after a hard day, and there have been a few of those recently.


And the lemons looked like this by the end of the day, already to be open frozen for my single slice to be used in a drink each morning.  A healthy start to the day that I really enjoy.

I don't really know if I need any more shopping this week, but I might take advantage of the cut price vegetables being offered by most supermarkets for the Easter weekend, and a full bottle of wine might be a nice treat for over the Bank Holiday.  I don't really go down the 'special food for Easter' route, and the thought of all the lambs being consumed just horrifies me.  I guess that's what comes of getting to know so many of them in the past.


Sue xx



12 comments:

  1. What budget does your mom's gift come from ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have lots of separate budgets, just my £100 a month cash for all my food and consumables. Anything that is not just for me ... dog or cat food, gifts, things that Mum needs or wants, office supplies etc. just go on my credit card and are paid off each month. I still try to keep the spend as low as possible but necessities are just that, things that have to be bought.

      Delete
  2. Don't those lemons look so fresh and springlike sliced up neatly in a circle? I’ve been having more than usual this week to try and sooth my awful cough. Hope your Mum enjoyed her liquorice. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They freeze really quickly when I lay them out like that ... as well as looking very satisfying. :-)

      Delete
  3. I have some lemons I need to slice as well. Seeing yours reminded me, got to get those done soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes mine wait for far too long for me to get round to doing this, but seeing how lovely and juicy they were when I did them straight away, makes me aware that I should do it as soon as I buy them from now on.

      Delete
  4. They aren't cheap, but I rather like coffee bags. Very handy when you're going away and are not sure if there's a coffee machine in the place. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not used it yet, I think I will remedy that in a few minutes as I've just got back from walking Mavis and I'm parched. A luxurious cup of coffee in my big mug sounds just the ticket.

      Delete
  5. We say that about two buses always coming together in the Midlands, too!
    We've had coffee bags in the past, I really like them. They're good for travelling with, if there's tea and coffee making facilities in places we stay it's invariably Nescafe, horrid stuff! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I love Nescafe, it's my favourite coffee. 😀 ☕️

      Delete
  6. I hope your Mum is recovering well. Looks like you are keeping to your grocery budget, even if you sometimes shop more often than once a week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She should be going home in the next couple of days, if the hospital style bed is delivered as planned tomorrow. 🙂

      Delete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments.