Saturday 26 October 2024

Potatoes ... and Kitchen Design

 

Alan finally tipped over the last big plant pot of homegrown potatoes for me.  

We got a respectable three pounds of spuds from just two tiny sprouted supermarket potatoes, not bad at all.  We shared them between us and whilst I've still got mine, Alan enjoyed his immediately with some fish, rice and peas.


Alan's gotten around to a few things this week that he's been putting off for ages and one of them was getting an A4 sized box off the top of his fridge-freezer, it turned out that it contained the planning permissions for when the annex was originally built and also in there were my plans for my new kitchen, drawn out after we had put our offer in on the house.

As you can see I do detailed plans.  😄


Well I did obviously do some measuring too.  😁

I sat racking my brains for ages wondering what the JJ in the top right-hand corner could be ... then the penny dropped and I realised they were supposed to be coat hooks!!


Folded up in the box were three paper 'patterns' for various items, the Welsh Cheese and Bread Cupboard (now known as the Food Cupboard), the SMEG and the radiator cover.  I used these to check that the three unfitted components of the new kitchen would fit alongside any fitted cupboards that I had installed.


The old kitchen came out ... I sold it for £100 to a guy who came with his mate and dismantled it and took it away to put into a rental property he owned, far better than me having to pay for a skip.


And then I sat down with a local kitchen designer/fitter and brought my vision to life.


And after quite a bit of waiting it was finally installed.  It all worked out just fine, and I still love my kitchen, even if it did start out as a few scribbles on a printed out photograph and a scrap of paper.



Sue xx



1 comment:

  1. Oh that looks lovely. The Very Cheap kitchen installed by the previous owners is literally disintegrating at the minute. It's nearly 20 years old and plastic fittings are snapping etc. We're at the "back of the envelope" stage. But the cost is rather prohibitive. And we have to factor in boiler replacement.... But I do like the light appearance of your units...

    ReplyDelete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.