Sunday 6 October 2024

Getting Ahead for Christmas?

 

Quite a few of our blogging circle are mentioning some of their preparations for Christmas, so I thought I would show you mine.

Sadly it's not me that is prepared really, but I have taken the pressure off Alan.  As soon as I saw the Lucy Almey Bird calendar I knew that was the calendar for me for 2025.  I ordered it and told Alan what 'he' had bought me, and he gave me the money.


It's got some lovely images, and of course I could frame a few of them and add them to my collection of her artwork as they are exactly the same size as my smaller pictures.  The only thing is, I have very little wall space left ... we'll have to move house.  😄

My birthday present framed prints are HERE.  


Alan also saw me looking at the Deliciously Ella website one day when there was an extra 10% off on top of my usual members 15% discount, and said that if I wanted to put an order in he would class that as the rest of my Christmas present.  Who was I to say no, and a 25% discount is not to be sneezed at for such healthy foods!!

Only the biscuits need to be eaten before Christmas everything else has beautifully long Best Before dates.

I packed them away in this drawer.

As you can see my eating my way through the contents of my store cupboard while I try and live on just £100 a month for food has gone very well, all the other drawers are now empty.  In fact I could most likely very easily fit my new gifts into the main food cupboard.

Now I have to listen out for what Alan would like for Christmas, he always says 'nothing, I don't need anything', so I have to listen and take note when he mentions things.


Sue xx



1 comment:

  1. I think you are very noble eating the biscuits before Christmas. Positively heroic!🤣

    ReplyDelete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.