Thursday 18 April 2024

Sometimes things call out to you ...

 


My 'present to myself' Lucy Almey Bird pictures are up on the wall.

I paid for the prints and Alan paid for the framing for me, and I absolutely love them.  The lady from the framing shop in our town also loved them so much she approached Lucy directly about being a seller of her prints in our town.  So who knows, I might be buying a couple more in the future.  😀


Although it's not ideal having them behind me when I'm sat in one of the chairs, this was the only available place for them to go as I am quickly running out of wall space here in the lodge.

I chose these three pictures as each one in a different way relates to me and my life, and strangely the lady in the framing shop said that's why they appealed to her.  I guess you take from art that which means the most to you, and relax into it.


'Spring Awakening'

In this one the dresser, the jars of dried food and the pitcher called out to me first, the other details being picked up on later.



'Me Time'

In this one it was the Jack Russell curled up in the basket, the  cream coloured Aga with the kettle on top, and the thick woolly socks.



'A Good Book'

And in this one it was the Ginger cat, the old Bush radio, my Dad's woven topped stool and the stacks of books that immediately pulled me in, then I spotted my Nana's old clock on the bookshelves and the need to own it was cemented.

Sometimes things call out to you ... and sometimes you just have to give in and let them into your life.


Sue xx


28 comments:

  1. They are quite lovely Sue, but now I want all three as well because they 'call' to me too.

    Unfortunately art in this house is difficult - we face nearly due south and have massive windows. Anything which lives 'out' for too long becomes bleached and damaged. The price we pay for a wonderful view . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her work is lovely isn't it, I daren't visit her website in case I place another order!!

      But the view is wonderful and also free, so enjoy nature at her best. I still miss our fantastic view from the windows of our Welsh house.

      Delete
  2. I just don't have enough wall space. But that means every piece of art really has to earn its place! Your pictures are fabulous. I have a woven stool thick socks and a stack of books...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how her artwork calls to so many people, the details are all there. You just can't beat cosy socks and lots of books can you. :-)

      Delete
  3. Lucy Almey Bird has been really clever in incorporating so many things in her lovely paintings that people can identify with. My artist friend Liz always includes one or two retro ceramics in her still life pieces which stir childhood memories and sell really well. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a clever little ploy isn't it, but I do love a good eye for detail and she definitely has that in abundance. :-)

      Delete
  4. Sometimes things call out to you. Yes! That is an interesting thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful, some Art just pulls you in doesn't it?
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does, these got me for sure. :-)

      Delete
  6. I have visited her site now having seen these beauties - she is a talent for sure
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are wonderful! I don't think my husband would like them though. Definitely girly pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan likes them for the detail, but he thinks my excessive wall coverage is a bit much for him. His walls are pretty bare, we are like chalk and cheese. 😂

      Delete
  8. Those are wonderfully comfortable looking armchairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The really are, they were a bit of an investment ... but my back says 'thank you' regularly. ❤️😄

      Delete
  9. What a lovely gift to yourself and from Alan. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness! I absolutely love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good aren't they. There's much to look at in them. 🙂

      Delete
  11. i especially like the kitchen one. I love all detail. Those are wonderful birthday presents. I also don't have a lot of wall space so I'd have to switch something out but that may not be a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely take things down once they are on the wall. They've all earned their place in one way or another. I think pictures are like books, you can always squeeze a few more in.
      🙂

      Delete
  12. They are absolutely lovely. I shall treat myself later in the year. Enjoy your lovely art! Danette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know which picture you choose, she has so many to choose from. 😀

      Delete
  13. The pictures look great on your wall, love them. I would choose 'A Good Book' out of the three. I do sit like that sometimes but have no cat to stroke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love sitting like that, no longer able to unfortunately with my back. 😂

      Delete
  14. Late to the party again:( Absolutely fabulous, a perfect trio♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry ... we always save you a seat. :-)

      Delete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments.