Tuesday 16 April 2024

Wine, Fishfingers and a Free Book

 


My shopping over the weekend was mostly from Aldi, and naughtily included two bottles of wine, which of course bumped the total spend up by quite a lot.


The crossed out things went into the Foodbank trolley.  A mixture of biscuits and sanitary products this week.  Every little helps.


Alan went over to the local tech shop to see if the guy there could help with a problem on his phone, he could and did, and at no charge.  Isn't it good when you can recognise a problem immediately and just solve it.  I had a look around the charity shop for a while and then sat on the benches in the square to wait for him.  When Alan walked over to me he immediately spotted a pound coin right next to me, why hadn't I spotted it?

Anyway we went into Booths for a coffee and while I didn't get to pick up any freebies from the café this week I did spot this book on the charity bookshelves, and Alan gave me his newly acquired pound to pay for it.  So I got a freebie in the end.  😁


My only other purchase over the weekend was a tub of Naturli spread for £3.35.

Total Spend this week £28.52.

I think I will try to have a very low spend this week to make up for going over my sort of allotted allowance of £25 per week two weeks on the trot.

I hope I don't run out of pasta or rice though. 😄 


Sue xx


16 comments:

  1. < chuckle > Not. A. Chance!!!
    You may have gone a little over but you're still doing so very well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. It's going well, but that's just because I have so many store cupboard things to rely on. I'm definitely just buying fresh things for the rest of this month. 🙂

      Delete
  2. Well done you for getting a book with your 'found pound'.
    Haven't spreads gone up - the flora one that I buy was over £4 last week in Tesco.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is usually around the £4 mark but it's on Nectar offer at the moment, that's why I picked one up even though I haven't quite finished my last one yet. I may even go and get another one later in the week if the offer is still on ... perhaps start a butter stash. 😉

      Delete
  3. I am just about to go food shopping - I have my list and hope
    my discipline holds
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May the force be with you. 😄

      Delete
    2. Ha ! Brilliant - I think it was . My daughter is staying with me whilst she waits for her house sale to complete - a trolley full of food for two was £32 - incredible - even the woman who helped us at the checkout was impressed !
      Siobhan x

      Delete
    3. That does sound impressive. 🙂

      Delete
  4. The best stash ever was when we emptied MIL's house and found tucked away in the various rooms TWENTY SIX opened packets of Paracetamol!
    It was many years before we had to buy any new painkillers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something similar happened to us when we emptied my Grans house. 🙂

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It's gotten really good in the last few years hasn't it. 🙂

      Delete
  6. What better way to spend a found pound! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yes, you need to stock up on your butter/spreads - nothing like some butter with your pasta or rice! My daughter used to love eating rice and pasta with just butter, when she was a child. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried pasta or rice with butter, with olive oil yes, but never butter, I should give it a try. 😀

      Delete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments.