Thursday 10 October 2024

Books Instead of Pumpkins

 


Although I love, love, love Autumn and all it's glorious colours and naturally available decorations, I have no intention of buying pumpkins, either real, woolly, pottery, fuzzy, string-like and all the other variations that are in the shops at the moment just to decorate my house.  Although, I might be tempted to get a couple to eat when the price goes down a bit. 

Instead, and by very happy coincidence, the three books that I have treated myself to this week are just perfect to add to my radiator shelf for a bit of Autumnal decoration.

I obviously had to get the new book by Nigel Slater, I have all his others after all and he writes so beautifully.  I picked up the Stanley Tucci book just for a flick through and it drew me in so that too was purchased the other day.  

The final book was something mentioned by MoggyMerlin56 on my The Books That I Read in September post.  It really caught my imagination so I had a look at it on Amazon, and then found a copy for 50p on there ... so it had to be mine.  😁

Now I have the dilemma of which order they are in the queue to be read!!


Sue xx



4 comments:

  1. I have the Life in Houses book and loved reading it!
    Nigel Slaters book is now on my wish list 😍
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books are much better than pumpkins!

    I remember enjoying Life In Houses a long time ago - and I still don't read cookery books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the last Tucci book. I always enjoy NS. Like SueInSuffolk I read the Forster years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stanley Tucci first for me! Enjoy them all. Catriona

    ReplyDelete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.