Sunday 25 February 2024

Recent Shopping ... and Old Shopping

 


This is my shopping for this weekend.  

A total of  £6.05 spent on things that I needed to supplement things that I already have in the fridge and to give me a bit of freshness for the week ahead.  I don't know why I bought the bread rolls really as I already have those lovely rolls from the last lot of shopping in the freezer, but I had forgotten all about them while I was out, so these bread rolls landed in the trolley.


For once I took a photo of the receipt.  A total of £6.05 spent.

I have been shopping in dribs and drabs a total of seven times this month, which is a bit ridiculous really.  I seem to have got into the habit of going out with Alan when he's doing a full shop and just picking up one or two items.  It's not really the best way to shop is it, once a week would be so much better and so much easier to document on here ... as I found out a few minutes ago when I was looking through the photos of the shopping on the computer to see how much I have spent up to now this month ... and found that I have one more photo than I have blog posts about shopping!!

So here for your delight and delectation is the missing shopping:


It's obviously an Aldi shop and came in at £8.43.  Obviously all the food is long gone now, but I'm sharing the photo that I had taken of it for posterity.  😄

From the list of photos on my computer it was obviously done not long after the first shopping trip of February, and I remember being tempted by the Cornetto's as they were one of the last of each flavour after the Aldi freezer was full of them for Veganuary.

Now I am totally up to date with my shopping photos and figures.



And here is a really good Madeleine Olivia cooking video if you would like to watch it.  I do like it when she cooks lovely food and doesn't just chatter away to the camera.


There have been far too many shopping posts this month and nowhere near enough book ones, I need to remedy that at once.


Sue xx



16 comments:

  1. As long as you buy what you need and you stay within your budget, then, more frequent shopping should be fine, I think, especially as you are able to enjoy more fresh produce, that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's just because I'm documenting the shopping on here that it feels like I'm making excessive trips, I'm sure if I just came home and put the few things away it would off my mind a lot quicker and not seem as though I'm going out to the shops so often.

      Delete
  2. Just sent off my online delivery this morning which will come on Tuesday. It saves me lots of impulse buys when I don’t go to the shops. I’m not really a shopper anyway and regard it as a necessary chore. I still need to do the fresh food shopping in between the big shops. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not done an online order since around November when Deliciously Ella products were 20% off at Waitrose and I had a 10% off a first order voucher. I just don't buy enough food to warrant it. But it's a brilliant way to avoid temptation isn't it.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I haven't had a Cornetto for years! Going to Aldi next Saturday, I'll have a look for those. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both delicious, Alan prefers them to the 'proper ones' even though these are dairy-free.

      Delete
  4. I don't enjoy doing a big shop weekly but I realise it's more practical especially as we are a 12 mile round trip to the shops. Even when I take a list I always come back without something 😀
    Seeing the individual prices of your food shopping is sometimes quite shocking - the courgette for example, I remember us blog readers contributors discussing this when we all had gluts of courgettes back last summer!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I couldn't do all this butty-bitty shopping if we still lived so far from the shops. Having them just five minutes up the road is a real boon, and quite a novelty too after living so far from the shops when we were in Wales.

      Funny you should say that as soon as I looked at the price of the courgette on the receipt I thought of how many I will hopefully have throughout the summer for the price of one packet of seeds.

      Delete
  5. I try to do one shop a week which means I need to plan a week ahead. It works for me although I still run out of things occasionally, especially fresh stuff. It's easier when one is just feeding oneself, I think. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like shopping for one, it does mean that you can buy just the necessities or anything that takes your fancy ... within limits of course!! ;-)

      Delete
  6. We have one weekly shop delivered and then pop on a Monday for some individual yogurts, and that suits us. we rarely have food left over and I sometimes think we buy too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like the perfect way to do it. I have always bought too much in the past, which is why it now appears I am living from week to week with very little shopping. But I am going to make sure I have a healthy food store at all times so I won't be eating everything in the cupboards.

      Delete
  7. Your bananas are cheap!
    I haven't been able to find any for less than 27p each.
    I live in a city; I'm literally 2 minutes walk from a Sainsbury's and really enjoy the daily shop - bumping into neighbours etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They go by weight in Sainsbury's, as I only like smallish ones they don't cost me much. 😃

      Delete
    2. We buy small bananas too, half each with our breakfast porridge, and half an orange each.

      The market stall sold off their remaining Seville oranges very cheaply last week when the weather turned nasty, and they have been passed around. I got just over 2lbs and gave some eggs from our hens in return.
      It all seems very WW2 black market. I used some of my hoarded sugar and saved jars, and saved gas by cooking the oranges whole in the pressure cooker.
      Such a joy, home made Seville orange marmalade. Six jars to last the year.

      Delete
    3. It sounds wonderful, not black market at all, more like the bartering that went on between friends and neighbours. 😃 Seville orange marmalade is the best isn't it, a lovely tang to wake you up on your morning toast, and absolutely delicious in a little tart instead of jam.

      Delete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments.