Friday 23 February 2024

'Let Me In' ... and Shopping

 

'Please let me in Mum ... this Pug's not opening the door.'



I went to Booths on Wednesday to pick up this weeks freebie, (photo below) and of course just as they want you to I ended up doing a bit of shopping.  I needed some washing machine cleaner as it hasn't been done for ages, the bread rolls as usual enticed me to buy them, and this was to be this years parsley plant.  

I always buy one around this time of year to have in the kitchen, and once I have eaten some of it on the meals I make this week and next, what's left will be planted into the tin bath at the front door.  The parsley plant in there is a bit tough now after living through the weather we've had this winter, so it will be cut off at soil level when this one goes in.  I also need to take some cuttings from the big Rosemary plant in the back garden as the one in the tin bath has disappeared ... I knew it wasn't happy but I didn't expect it to leave home!! 😄


This week's Booths freebie was posh tomato sauce, usually retailing at £2.35 so well worth nipping out for.


The ingredients list is pretty good too.  

Of course I could make my own tomato sauce, but we all know I will never get around to it.  As I already have a tomato sauce on the go and another in the cupboard, this one won't be eaten for a while.  But better to have it in my cupboard at no cost to me than not, and it's got a lovely long date on it.


Sue xx



12 comments:

  1. You have to be really disciplined not to be tempted by other things when there's a freebie!! I'm the same but I'm def getting better at it. That looks a rather posh sauce but the ingredients look very healthy! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Sub rolls always call my name when I go to Booths. One roll is a nice size for a good lunch, or to toast and dip into a bowl of soup, and they freeze brilliantly. The ingredients are great aren't they, I could definitely make it at home ... but I won't. :-)

      Delete
  2. I love the photo of the cat and dog-I’d like to have seen the dog’s expression too! I’m on a two hour teams call this morning at 10am, so better stop faffing and get myself presentable. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Suky's expression rarely changes, she's a Pug ... the main difference in expression is asleep or awake!!

      Alan does all our Teams calls these days, that way I can stay scruffy. ;-)

      Delete

  3. Very cute picture of the cat wanting to come in! Those sub rolls look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't notice him straight away he meows very loudly. :-)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the reminder that supermarket potted herbs can be planted out......... I really will do that this year as I'm going all out to produce more herbs and healing plants. Those rolls do look very tasty.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's good to know isn't it. The parsley that's lasted all Winter was bought this time last year and planted outside at the end of March, where it joined the one from the previous year which was very sad. I'll have a tin bath full of parsley outside my front door soon. 😄

      Delete
  5. My old rosemary bush died last year, so I went to the garden centre and found they were asking £6 for a eeny weeny tiny one. Next stop the supermarket and purchased a very healthy larger rosemary for £1.50 off the shelf with the other herb plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosemary is my weakness, I'm always buying or making new rosemary's. I used to love the smell of it ... obviously it still smells the same, it's just that I can't smell it anymore. :-(

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the reminder. The supermarket pot of parsley is much cheaper than the garden centre ones. I divide mine to make several clumps. Mum served chopped parsley on vegetables, a Wartime tip to get more Vitamin C.
    I have a bag of dried peas to plant in pots for tasty pea shoots.

    DH is making a cinnamon bun loaf in the breadmaker for a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I started using a lot more parsley after doing my WW2 rationing experiment. I need to get a box of dried peas for pea shoots and some pea plants, thanks for the reminder. 🫛

      Delete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments.