Wednesday 21 February 2024

Shopping Free - Seeds Free

 

While we were in Wales at the weekend I took the opportunity to call to M&S in Llandudno to use my £12 worth of vouchers in the food hall.  I bought these three items for me and the rest of the voucher went towards a couple of things that Alan needed.

Shopping - free.

Then yesterday this landed on the doormat. 

 My March edition of Kitchen Garden magazine with it's free seeds.  I think I have one more magazine left in this subscription and then as it was a gift, I will be letting it lapse.  I really do not need any more seeds, my little tin is full ... and they seem determined to send me Coriander seeds every other month, I hate the stuff!!

Anyway, it spurred me to go through my seeds tin and sort out all the seeds I have and remove all the ones that I won't be using.  These will be donated.

I am purposefully trying not to read any of my gardening books or magazines at the moment, otherwise I will be tempted to start sowing seeds much too early.  Although I've just realised my latest book being read this month is about gardening ... oops!!

 

Sue xx



18 comments:

  1. Very difficult to not start too early isn’t it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's almost impossible. I think I'll repot a couple of houseplants that really need it ... just to get my hands in some compost. ๐Ÿ˜„

      Delete
  2. I can't stand leaf coriander either - nasty stuff!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like it, and it obviously doesn't like me as I have never been able to grow it successfully. ๐Ÿคจ

      Delete
  3. My KG arrived yesterday too. I was just pleased there weren't any more flipping lettuce seeds!!!! I quite like coriander :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes we do get a lot of lettuce seeds for sure but I'd rather that than coriander for me. :-)

      Delete
  4. So agree with you about fresh coriander -devil food- it has a taste of oily perfume to me but my sister loves it. Read somewhere that it is a genetic thing that makes us hate the fresh stuff although the dried seeds are fine by me. I use fresh parsley in recipes instead of ‘cilantro’ / fresh coriander as the Americans call it, much nicer option. Jan in Castle Gresley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's the old 'Marmite' thing isn't it, you either love it or absolutely hate it. I find I can use a little dried ground coriander if I'm making a carrot soup, so it's just something in the fresh stuff for me. Yes, I replace with fresh parsley usually. :-)

      Delete
  5. Free shopping and free seeds! What more could one ask for? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! It was a good couple of days. :-)

      Delete
  6. Free is always excellent.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coriander makes me nauseous but like you, I can have some dried in soup. I spent my vouchers on Monday after a dental visit and bought salad ingredients and some cold meat, fruit and veg. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good spending bits of paper and keeping the cash in your purse isn't it. :-)

      Delete
  8. I love coriander ๐Ÿ˜€
    Free stuff - how nice. I'm looking forward to doing some seed sowing, will probably wait until 1st march
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if the love/hate thing with coriander is a 50/50 split. :-)

      I know you can't beat a bit of free stuff can you. I'll be waiting until the end of March most likely as I have very limited space indoors for seeds, and I always find that late sown things catch up quick anyway.

      Delete
  9. Another one who hates coriander with a passion.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments.