Monday 12 February 2024

A Reading Sort of Day

 


It's a reading sort of day for me today.

I was up early and the washing has already been done, now it's on the airer in the bedroom garnering all the heat from the lovely Winter sunshine outside the French doors.  The dogs are snoozing in the two dog beds that are catching the most sunshine and as usual Ginger is on my his pouffe ... it was bought for me to put my feet up on but I rarely get to use it, and if I dare to put anything on it when he is not around, the look I get when he comes back in is enough to put me in my place for a good few days!!


Before I get stuck into my book I took ten minutes to write our this weeks menu plan.  It's a good job I have just put this photo up as I had forgotten ...


... to get this out of the freezer.

Oh well it defrosting now and should be great for teatime.  Now it's time to put the kettle on and pick up my book again ... even if I can't put my feet up.  😸




Sue xx




10 comments:

  1. We’ve just got back from a big shop in Lidl and Mand S(because I had £15 in vouchers).I now feel entitled to knit for the rest of the day! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And so you should, all that shopping is hard work!! ;-)

      Delete
  2. So sunny here today that I've pegged some washing outside - hurrah!
    Cauliflower burger sounds interesting. For the first time this weekend we roasted cauliflower instead of the usual steaming, I was very surprised at how much tastier it was like that. I've often seen it in cookbooks but left it until I'm in my sixties to try it 😀
    Enjoy your peaceful day x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tempted to put some washing outside the other day but it's still drying better on the airer in the sunshine through the glass, although of course I miss out on that gorgeous 'outside freshness' that you get from line dried washing.

      The cauliflower burger is just a ready made bought one from a couple of weeks ago that got flung into the freezer. I need to have a go at the roasted 'cauliflower steaks' that are literally just a slice of cauliflower roasted in the oven, I bet I would love it.

      Delete
  3. lol at googly eyes!
    The menu looks pretty good too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a guy on Instagram that goes round putting googly eyes on all sorts of supermarket products. I would love to come across some things like that in the shops.

      Delete
  4. Yep, those eyes would give me nightmares for years.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ... those are weird aren't they, sometimes weird is good though. ;-)

      Delete
  5. I like your meal plan! Hope you enjoy your reading, even if you can't put your feet up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments.