Wednesday 21 August 2024

This Will Be the Last Shopping of August

 


We went to Morecambe for a doggy walk with Mavis along the prom, and so Alan could treat himself to a bacon butty in the café there, I make sure I eat before we go out and just have a coffee while he has this.  Going to Morecambe was dangerous as he also wanted to go into Morrisons for more of their ready prepared mix and match salad boxes.

And of course I was tempted into going in too.

I bought lots of things that I didn't really need, but really, really fancied ... maybe I should have had something to eat in the café!!


I spent £25.80.


When we got home Alan got back to work in the garden.  He had been working really hard all weekend, taking all the fence panels out and re-staining them while we have access to next doors garden.  At last we have all our fences matching rather than the three different colours it has been since we moved in.

I knew he had drunk all his Port, so I nipped out to Aldi to buy him a new bottle and some lemonade to go with it.  Two days heavy lifting and shifting deserved a treat.


Of course I didn't just come back with Port and lemonade. 😄

That's another £19.83 spent then!!

I seem to be having a stocking up of certain foods bonanza at the moment, hence the rice, tinned fish and mayo.  The crackers were bought to go with my hummus bought from Morrisons, and the tin of mandarins are all Bovey Belle's fault ... her Mandarin Orange Cake just sounded so delicious that I had to get some in, luckily I have all the other ingredients in already.


My total spend this week is already at £45.63, so I think it's about time to call it a day for this month's shopping, at least these little sugar sachets were free.  😄


Sue xx



18 comments:

  1. Sometimes it just goes like that, doesn't it. You can hardly say you wasted your money though - it will all be thoroughly enjoyed.
    The garden looks really lovely - well done both of you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it will all be used over time ... quite a long time looking at all the rice I've got, but it will never be wasted. I'm so pleased with how the garden looks now, I was sad that I've lost my pride and joy purple flowering thingy that was in that green pot behind Alan's new tractor man, but having all the fence panels finally matching is worth the loss. AND, I have a whole empty bed to plant up now that the raspberries have been taken out ... they were really poorly plants.

      Delete
  2. Yes, like Joy says there will be nothing wasted 😍 The fence panels look great and I bet Alan appreciated the gift of Port - we do love a drop of Port or Madeira - Cheers!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he loved it, he had a couple of glasses while he relaxed on the sofa that night. :-)

      Delete
  3. Concerning the second batch of your shopping: Looks to me like you are subconsciously starting to lay in first stores for winter. Over here in Germany, the nights are growing cooler and summer is starting to look slightly faded, even though we are expecting another 34°C scorcher on Saturday. And yet, I'm beginning to think about what to do and wear in winter, when to switch out my summer blanket for the winter one etc. Talk about being over-prepared 🙄
    Thank you for the link to the recipe. Definitely going to try that. I do have some mandarin oranges in my pantry. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was only thinking how autumnal it felt yesterday, and how chilly it's getting in the late evenings now, so you have probably hit the nail on the head there. It looks like a brilliant recipe doesn't it. :-)

      Delete
  4. Your garden is looking nice. :)
    I'm sure the shopping you did and the items you bought will be useful in the days to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's looking so much better, and yes the shopping will be very useful, so no money wasted. :-)

      Delete
  5. Fatal to shop when hungry, I've done that too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's deadly isn't it, I guess I got off quite lightly really!!

      Delete
  6. "£45.63"

    That sounds like a good deal. I am not sure how that amount equates to our dollars. At one time 45 pounds/(euros now! ) was about 80 US dollars. I would say it is a little more expensive in the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it is more expensive to get the same things where you are. Prices are so different all over the US aren't they, with different taxes etc. but on the whole ALL more expensive than here. I guess it pays to eat really simply if you want to keep costs down to tolerable amounts.

      Delete
    2. Yes. I live in the southeast which is not too bad. If you go to New York City or anywhere in California, prices are much higher.

      Delete
  7. Only 10 days left in August-you’ll be fine! Very near you this week and the weather is very windy here on the coast! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, no more shopping for me this month, in fact I bet that I could last a whole month without shopping if I tried.

      Delete
  8. I shall wear my Guilt with pride as I know you will LOVE the cake :) Looks like you have stocked up well anyway, and we all deserve some treats now and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely been treating myself, half of the 'Maltesers' and chocolate bars have already gone!! I'm going to make the cake at the weekend and share it with Alan. Thanks for the recipe. xx

      Delete
  9. Alan's done a cracking job with those fence panels! You've just reminded me, there's half a pot of hummus in the fridge which we brought back from BD, I better have it with my tea! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.