Friday 19 January 2024

'The Best Moments in Reading ... '

 


'The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you.  

Now here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead.  And it is as if a hand has come out and taken yours.'  


Painting:  Harold Harvey   (1874-1941)
Words:  Alan Bennett


I love it when that happens, don't you?

Sue xx



9 comments:

  1. I do! Love that Harold Harvey painting, too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! And I also love it when a passage in a book I'm reading suddenly stops me short and makes me think 'Wow, I didn't know that/or that's so interesting'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do. It sometimes happens in the most familiar of books, a favourite one read and re-read and then something jumps up and announces itself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I call those "Ah, it's not just me then" moments! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the words and the painting. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very lovely - words and painting, and agree wholeheartedly x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, it has happened to me many times reading a book. But don't you think it also happens when reading blogs? I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definintely. There is that occasional moment when you sit back and think to yourself 'That is why I follow you, you are exactly on my wavelength ... I know you.'

      Other times of course there's the ... 'what the bloody hell is she on about now!!' ;-)

      Delete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments.