Wednesday 17 January 2024

I Can Resist Anything But Temptation ...

'I can resist anything but temptation' is part of a quote from Oscar Wilde ... and it summed me up so well on Sunday.

On Friday morning I had watched 'Those Vegan Guys' on YouTube and was entranced by the sheer amount of vegan and plant-based foods available at Tesco this month.  Of course as we were going to be in Wales for a whistle stop visit for the weekend, I decided that on our way home I would nip to our 'old local' Tesco and have a look for myself.

Big mistake!! That was another £22.46 spent in the blink of an eye.

Alan got some shopping for himself too, and as the 'easy peelers' were on offer at £2 for one bag or £2.50 for two bags and Alan only wanted one I decided I would pick some up and have the 50p bag.  😁

Oops, I missed these off the main photo, although the price was added to the total.

One of the garlic breads, the pizza and the cauliflower burgers have gone into the freezer and added to the inventory.  Gosh I've barely started trying to empty it and I'm already refilling it.  I need to get myself organised and stop giving in to temptation.


Although I was good before we set off for Wales, and when Alan said he wanted to stop off at Aldi on the way and buy a couple of prepared salad bowls to eat with something from the freezer there for our tea, I said I would make us a tubful to take with us instead.  Ten minutes of washing and chopping and I had saved us £2.78.

It was only a small money-saving win, but a win nevertheless.  😀


Sue xx



16 comments:

  1. It's very hard to resist when you know you will use it and it looks so good. I'd be the same. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to try some new things occasionally, they do look tempting. I'll have to do a taste test and give my opinion on here.

      Delete
  2. Oscar Wilde was a very wise man! I like your reasoning with the Easy Peelers, there were a pile of them in last weeks' Lidl Waste Not box, they went in the blink of an eye! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He thought up so many brilliant quotes, I love them. The easy peelers are delicious. 😀

      Delete
  3. We are heading towards more plant based meals. At the same time we are also trying to avoid UPF. There is an interesting Radio 4 page which discusses the rise in Vegan UPF
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4vwQ3pPdY9CYFZx7wzZFtJZ/ultra-processed-vegan-and-vegetarian-foods-are-they-as-healthy-as-they-look
    As it says at the end “it’s become much easier to be a very unhealthy vegan.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely veering back in the plant based direction again. Oh yes I agree, it would be so easy to be an unhealthy or 'junk food vegan'. But I do like to pick and choose my poisons. An 80/20 mix is a good one for me. 🙂

      Delete
  4. I too would have given in for those bargains. It is nice to try new foods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's just oh so hard to resist isn't it. :-)

      Delete
  5. My spendy start to the year was buying 10 balls of yarn in an online sale with no idea what it’s for! At least I resisted the fabric which was also on sale. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well ten balls of yarn will definintely come in handy, and that is plenty for a multitude of uses. You'll have to let me know what you decide to make with it. :-)

      Delete
  6. I'm avoiding popping into the supermarket because I know I'll be too tempted. The ciabatta looks so tempting too. Bargain sweet potatoes there, I paid £1.20 just for one from the village market stall last Saturday. Super bargain easy peelers! A shame not to indulge!
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I thought they were unusually cheap for once. They are quite small though but enough for a tasty addition to one or two meals.

      Delete
  7. I see that you managed some great buys though, so you will be saving in the long run.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is worth getting things when they are on offer isn't it. :-)

      Delete
  8. Not to self,,,,, do not read Sue's blog first thing in the morning when you haven't had breakfast,,,, Love the selection of goodies as well as the amazing prices♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ... funnily enough I was exactly the same this morning. I sat watching a YouTube channel where someone was cooking up a lovely curry and my tummy was rumbling within minutes. :-)

      Delete

Anyone may leave a comment, but please keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are always welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments.