Wednesday, 26 August 2026

A Shopping Catch Up Post - and a Warning

 


Just a catch up post of the shopping that I have bought since my last shopping post.  Time seems to be running away with us at the moment and I have fallen a bit behind.

19th  Sainsbury's - £43 exact

I spent quite a bit on this shopping trip last week, but I treated myself to a new travelling coffee cup while they were on offer, and some hair dye, also on offer ... which I have still not round to using yet.  The Linda McCartney meat free products were all on special offer '3 for the price of 2' so I was careful to choose three products that were all the same price.  I'm not falling for that get the cheapest one free malarky!! 😄

And ... as you will notice my favourite toilet rolls were back on a reduced price offer, it was good timing as my last rolls were just about to run out so I bought a pack of those as well. 


As well as buying my things I got a couple of things for Alan which are also on that receipt.  I've been picking up a few things for him each time I go out while he's been so busy at the bungalow.

The receipt for posterity. 

Aldi - 22nd - £13.83

Going to the shops twice in a few days meant that I really didn't need much at weekend when Alan was going for his main shop.  So I just got the things that I had run out of and a little treat of a bunch of simple flowers.

The receipt.

The 'warning' that I mention in the title of this post is about the blogs listed on my, and many other people's sidebars.  Blogger in it's annoyingness is more often than not failing to update when a new post is published.  So you may see the name of a blog that you follow on my sidebar and see from the title that it's a post that you have already read the previous day or earlier.  BUT ... .if you click on the blog name rather than the post title it will more often than not take you to a brand new post that hasn't yet been updated by blogger.

It's a frustrating thing if you just quickly scan the list and think that you have nothing new to read, when in fact there are lots of available posts just waiting to be discovered.

If you read my, or anyone else's blog on your phone, you can get to see the blog list by scrolling to the bottom of any post and clicking on 'View Web Version', then you will be able to view blogs as though you are on your laptop or main computer.

I hope this helps.


Sue xx



18 comments:

  1. Morrisons must be the only store that have packs of 4 of the mozzarella burgers - very odd. They work out cheaper of course.
    I noticed that my blog hadn't updated on someone's side bar for 5 days! There seems no rhyme nor reason.
    |Still no rain here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to be really careful when I'm buying the burgers NOT to pick up the mozzarella version. I wonder why some are in fours and others in twos? We have had quite a bit of rain now, and last night it was exceptionally windy. There's definitely a change in the weather.

      Delete
  2. I am very frustrated with the blogger updates too. We have had a little rain, and currently a thunderstorm warning for later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had to go back and read posts that I've missed on numerous occasions now. 🫤

      Delete
  3. You're quite the canny shopper!
    I use feedly which sends new posts straight to my phone, tablet or laptop. I ought to look at my sidebar as I think it's well out of date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good if Feedly is sending all the latest ones to you then. 😀

      Delete
  4. I have been purchasing myself a $3 mini bouquet every other week and they brighten up my kitchen. Mozzarella burgers sound good - I shopped yesterday and spent around $100 for a couple of weeks. Groceries are priced sky high here. ):

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tasted the mozzarella burgers so I can't comment on them. Mine are the vegan burgers due to my dairy intolerance. A small bunch of simple flowers just brighten the place don't they. 💐

      Delete
  5. Frozen berries are good value with no waste, the blueberries are less than half the price of fresh. I have been freezing blackberries from the garden in small bags, lovely for apple and blackberry crumble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really fancying some smoothies, so I thougt that these would be great with all the frozen banana pieces that I have in my freezer. 😀

      Delete
  6. I must remember to look out for those loo roll when they’re on offer, some of the cheaper ones are awful 😀
    A few flowers now and again is a lovely treat.
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are really good, but a bit expensive at full price, so I always wait for them to go on an offer. 😀

      Delete
  7. I have noticed that Blogger problem -- it's been happening off and on for months and I've reported it a couple of times, but they just can't seem to get it ironed out. Whenever my page views are down I know my blog isn't updating in people's sidebars.

    I'm glad you get yourself some treats now and then, like the travel mug and the flowers! It's great to save money but you also have to enjoy life, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger has always been a bit intermittent on how it performs. I notice my comment section being much quieter on days when my posts haven't updated on anyone's sidebars. Oh gosh yes, life is to enjoyed whenever we can. 😀

      Delete
  8. I've been aware of that Blogger glitch for quite awhile. I usually click on the blog name on my side bar if it's showing a post I've already read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's been an on and off problem for about a year now. Sadly it seems to be a more on than off problem this last month. 🤔

      Delete
  9. I enjoy seeing other people's grocery shopping and receipts. Blogger notifications seem to be very on again, off again for quite some time, now.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone may leave a comment, but keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are usually welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.