4th Barton Grange Garden Centre
We ate or just drank out more than either of us thought we had during August. But almost every time I managed to bring something home with us to add to the 'freebie stash'. We only bring home things that we have picked up thinking that we will use them with our drink or meal, and never ever take from the 'help yourself' pots on café or restaurant tables.
The things that I bring home would be swept into the bin by the person clearing the table after we have left if I didn't take them. I have seen it done far too often for my liking. I do not believe in waste.
8th Burnside Garden Centre
We get two free coffees a month at this garden centre.
14th Dobbie's Garden Centre
We also get two free coffees at this one.
14th Also Dobbie's Garden Centre
Alan did not get the meal that I thought he was getting, so we didn't need the mayonnaise that he would normally have used.
15th Ralphy's Café in Morecambe
We went for breakfast here, you always get a little biscuit with your coffee which is really nice, a lot of cafés have stopped doing this now, but we did not want to spoil our appetite for the food before it arrived.
16th Rivington Services
I got a free coffee on my Greggs app, you buy nine and get your tenth cup free. These add up quite quickly as we stop here on our way home from visiting Mum, so we're usually there twice a week ... it's our 'decompression zone'.
26th Barton Grange Garden Centre
We went for lunch here, the salad came drenched in a very tangy dressing ... far too much dressing in both our opinions ... so the mayonnaise wasn't actually needed.
29th Booths Café
A tasty pit stop for a bacon bun for Alan and a coffee for me.
30th Rivington Services
There were no napkins at Greggs, so Alan walked over to the Burger King outlet and picked some up, also getting some salt and ketchup for his chicken nibbles and sausage roll.
30th Rivington Services
However, there were doughnuts at Greggs so I picked up the free one that I was owed. 😁
31st Booths
And finally, this morning we had a very early lunch. Alan didn't buy the coffee that I thought he was getting so the sugars were superfluous.
The only shopping that I have done this week was to buy some bread rolls from the garden centre. We go to Barton Grange regularly as rather strangely, it is the cheapest place to buy Ginger's preferred cat food.
We are both trying not to shop too much as we want to whittle our food supplies down a bit ready for moving in a couple of months. Which is a bit opposite to what a lot of people are currently doing after the Government has seemingly issued instructions that every household in England should hold more supplies for 'emergencies'. Maybe once the kitchen has been fully installed we can start moving some food over and see exactly what we have. I'm sure two more weeks won't make too much of a difference.
Well, I hope two weeks won't make too much of a difference!!
Sue xx








Hi Sue,
ReplyDeleteI think I've asked before - but you are
Frequently where I may be found!
I was disappointed with Barton Grange last month when we went. Everything seems to have tripled in price!
I always bring unused condiments home because like you it infuriates me when the staff throw it all away - it will be company policy.