Thursday, 3 September 2026

The Charity Book Table, Lunch and Progress

 


I was asked by a blog reader about the charity book table that I buy from, and donate to, in our local Booths Supermarket, well it was nice and quite in there this morning when I called in to get Alan a bottle of milk so I took a quick photo.

It's not always this full, indeed at the start of the Bank Holiday weekend it was very depleted.  But usually when this is the case, a lovely townsperson will go through their own book collection and donate some books.

I am in the habit of tidying up the books as I look through them, as are a few other people.  I am being very particular these days and I have definitely donated more books than I have bought.  There is a poster on top of the boxes telling you which the current charity is, it usually changes each month and they are always local good causes.  The poster also suggests a donation of £1 per book.  Some people give more and some give less, so I suppose it balances itself out.  You just pop your cash in the yellow collecting box on the far right of the photo.


I called round to the bungalow as usual at lunchtime with Alan's dinner, I've been doing this every day while he has been so busy, as well as cooking his evening meals.


This was the state of play at the beginning of the Bank Holiday weekend, he then grouted this half of the living room.


This was the state of play at lunchtime today.  

So much has happened so quickly.  Alan had spent the morning doing the plumbing for the kitchen water heater which is in the corner cupboard to the right of the window, while the kitchen fitter got all the base units in place, then he switched to tiling in his bedroom.  It's all starting to come together very nicely.



Sue xx




1 comment:

Anyone may leave a comment, but keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are usually welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.