Friday, 4 September 2026

Shopping ... and Blogger Comment Problems

 

3rd September - Sainsbury's - £42.77

This shopping is looking very different from my usual photos as I broke all the shopping rules.  I went shopping hungry, I had forgotten to make a list and I just wandered around trying to remember what I actually needed ... cheese, bread and deodorant.  So there were far too many treats, and my main excuse is that I was hungry by the time I got to the supermarket after delivering Alan his lunch at the bungalow, hence all the little treats for me, but hey ... I will most definitely enjoy them over the course of the coming week.  

I also got Alan's chocolate bars for his lunchtime puddings for next week and some chocolate cream eclairs as a treat for last night.  My man is feeling very tired and in need of treats at the moment.  The chicken is for Ginger, he has a little fresh chicken with every meal now, he's worth it. 😸


  I did manage to stay inside my current £50 a week budget, but there's not a lot of actual meals there is there.  Thank goodness for the freezer and cupboard stocks which I need to work through anyway.

A lot of what I bought was on offer in one way or another, so it was a good shop really.  I also treated myself to the Radio Times as there is usually a lot of the dramas that suddenly appear on the television at this time of year and I wanted to see what was going to be available to either watch or record.


Another convincer to buy it was this card.  

So I immediately scanned the QR code when I got home to see if I could get the offer, the small print had said I couldn't as a former subscriber, but it all went though straight away.  So instead of paying the cover price which is currently £5.75 ... gulp!!  I will get ten issues for just £1 each and then I can cancel it if I want to.

 Scan it from here if you want to make use of it too.


I apologise for not being able to leave any comments on all the blogs that I read daily, and I understand if you too are unable to leave comments on my blog.  But Blogger in it's wisdom is playing up yet again.  I have reported the problem ... we'll see what happens.

Sue xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone may leave a comment, but keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are usually welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.