Thursday, 10 September 2026

Rhubarb ... and Summer to Winter



I picked the last of the homegrown rhubarb at the start of the week, there was a lot more of it than I had thought.  It's no wonder the end of the garden seemed small, it was cowering under gigantic rhubarb leaves.  😄

Also in that photo is the last but one picking of the blueberries. I am bringing them in as and when they turn the right shade of blue, before the birds spot them.  They are all added to a little tub in the freezer after a quick wash.  There's not a lot but they will be a nice addition to some little cakes or suchlike.


Two big pans full of lovely rhubarb stewed down with sugar and a splash of water.


I got eleven takeaway sized tubs worth of rhubarb in total, which are now safely nestled in my freezer taking up lots of space.


With the much cooler nights drawing in, yesterday was the big changeover from my Summer duvet to the Winter one, this necessitates getting all the vacuum bags out from under the bed and airing both the one coming off and the one going on, on the washing line.  I was very lucky with the weather and it was a lovely sunny and blowy day.  


After swapping the duvets over I am now starting on the clothes swap around.  

Most of my Summer clothes get put away and my Autumn/Winter ones come out.  With only one small wardrobe to hang things in, this has been an annual twice a year thing, but as my collection of clothes goes down maybe not to far in the future they will all stay out all year round.  Although of course it's always nice to put the very summery lightweight and light coloured things away and see them again the following year.  

But as it's as good as going shopping twice a year, and always a good way to declutter a few more things each time I do it, maybe it will continue. 💖


Sue xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone may leave a comment, but keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are usually welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.