Friday, 18 September 2026

Random Bits ... I am Themeless

 


My £2.69 Aldi flowers that lasted for over three weeks before suddenly falling apart.  What an absolute bargain, better than any expensive bouquet.


I don't know what I had in mind when I took this photo, it's simply a bread crust, toasted with homemade marmalade and that all important first coffee of the day.

I take photos all the time as I use them for a starting point on most of my blog posts ... I don't know what this post would have been.  😄


Ginger's 'Tasty Licks', only he doesn't lick them from the tube the way cats are supposed to, he has a special little flat dish that he licks them from.  I can never remember the name of them so they are nicknamed 'squidges' ... well I do have to squidge them out of the tubes!

I buy them as it's the best way to get his thyroid medicine into him.  They must taste good together, he's always begging for them at breakfast and teatime.


One of this years teeny, tiny harvests, three little potatoes from a volunteer potato plant that was growing in amongst my spring onions.


My breakfast yesterday.

The quickest breakfast in my repertoire thanks to my silicone egg poachers that go in the microwave and cook two eggs in one minute and ten seconds, while the toast pops up and gets buttered.

There that cleared a lot of photos from my September photo file, and no doubt confused a few of you.

Yep ... today I am themeless.


Sue xx



24 comments:

  1. I like this themeless post! Have a lovely day. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely feels like a very random world at the moment, I thought I would join in. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Those poached eggs look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were perfect for me, I do love a properly set yolk. No dippy dippy, just slicey slicey. :-)

      Delete
  3. This post is lovely! Bits of this and that ! The flowers were great value and I'm tempted by the poached eggs :) I've not seen any silicon moulds for the microwave and my efforts at poaching an egg leaves messy bits in the pan. Can I ask where you got them please Sue?
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember where we got them from, but these on Amazon are the closest. There are cheaper versions, but they do not have a flattish bottom or a ring on the base like ours, so they can fall over when the turntable revolves. I found this out when Mum gave me some of the rounded bottom ones before we bought ours. You can still use them in a saucepan of water as they float nicely while the eggs cook.

      Delete
    2. https://www.amazon.co.uk/BAISEBAOFU-Silicone-Poacher-Basting-Non-Stick/dp/B0GXPFHK9T/ref=sr_1_42?crid=DVKU2KTN48N3&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.hECpxs5X-xsXdSCqUeATwkSj0nwZkCdgbmv6YtSZvXkeKjFH-eFcWwXGkxmct23wFbnNkNt1m_6AqFO-dbIq9vlhQGdjuH1LHiUzvauZ3TRpx6E2oySXvsIjTiPcTQVdBR8YlRSbLA5tXNFdKLbdfbAZ5XbJ-w1ot9tPyMc6zi8DxQRpbTdz7sh54wnFsXe-POsFTlTreae8Jf7ecWyl-4Fchsdri1-QSaAlzOk-bSQ0v8JeKWXXzPcAmvsyc3YAOf9hPB_lU8g_fOXCuRhZK2ggTqQrDEMAb_UMGcbwmVI.4pLKy936hxUoUsLOcIa0O0WeQUsKf5FQPpzqucr6WDs&dib_tag=se&keywords=silicone%2Begg%2Bpoacher%2Bmicrowave&qid=1789739445&sprefix=silicon%2Begg%2Bpoach%2Caps%2C164&sr=8-42&th=1

      Gosh ... that's a long link!! Copy and paste.

      Delete
    3. Crikey, it certainly is! Thank you, Sue, I'll take a look now

      Delete
  4. Those eggs look delicious... one elderly relative asked if he could have a very softly boiled egg, and I overheard my aunt muttering 'snot eggs' in a disgusted tone of voice under her breath. Luckily in Dutch and his hearing wasn't very good anyway! I have to agree with my aunt, I like the white set properly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot even bring myself to eat a 'snotty egg' as we Mancunians call them. I even heard a guy in a café once ask for his eggs not to be 'snotty', so it's quite a common thing. :-)

      Delete
  5. Oh your first picture caught my eye! So pretty. I liked everything about it.

    My cat was just diagnosed with a thyroid issue a couple months ago. Finally, she's getting used to her evening pill that is wrapped up in one of those pill pockets. At first I could put it in her bowl and squeeze some of her tube-treat over it, but she got wise to that.
    I'm so glad she is improving and gaining back the weight she lost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're doing well getting a tablet into her, luckily Ginger's medication is in liquid form. It must taste quite good as he licks the little bowl completely clean. 🐱

      Delete
  6. I bought a dual compartment red microwave egg poacher from John Lewis in Glasgow last autumn. However, I don't see it on their website anymore. Does the same thing as your poacher in the same amount of time. The thing I have had to adjust is the cook timing as my US microwave is more highly powered than the one in my Scottish Highland (rental) kitchen. Let's just say the first time I used the device in the US, the egg were very, very well done. Regular doorstoppers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do get used to the timing after a couple of memorable failures don't you. Twice I have just put one egg into the microwave and set it for the same time. Twice the eggs literally exploded. 😄

      Delete
    2. Haha, I'm glad it's not just me. 😄

      Delete
  7. I must say that your breakfasts look marvelous. Mine is usually yogurt, cereal or sometimes toast. Heck sometimes I even forget to have one and instead have another coffee.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do prefer a savoury breakfast, but I do have all of your options occasionally. Cereal is the rarest though, maybe one box a year. 😀

      Delete
  8. Every morning, I walk out to let the chickens out. On the way back to the house, I pick a tomato for my toast. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss wandering over to greet the chickens every morning. They were so glad to get out of the henhouse and have a good stretch and flap around. 🙂

      Delete
  9. We call the cat treats "Licky Treats" - Millie doesn't lick them, we have to squeeze them out onto her licky mat. Jim will lick them but prefers them squeezed out too. We crush Millie's pills into the licky treat and she wolfs it down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen a cat lick them straight from the tube, it's much handier in a dish where you can hide any medication isn't it. :-)

      Delete
  10. Lovely flowers! I liked the themeless post. :)

    ReplyDelete

Anyone may leave a comment, but keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are usually welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.