With all the renovations still going on at the bungalow, it's been important to make an effort to do things at the weekend. Alan really needs a break from being on his knees all week cutting, laying and sticking down the tiles and woohoo, he's got grouting coming soon. So each Saturday we try and go somewhere. With the weather dry and mostly sunny last weekend we decided to go to Fleetwood for a walk on the prom and a cup of coffee.
It's made a lovely change from the last couple of weeks, when the somewhere has been B&Q or Wickes for building supplies. Although of course even those trips usually end up with a coffee and a bit of lunch, so it's not all bad.
Coffee in Fleetwood was accompanied by a bacon butty for the man in my life, it's been well earned.
After a sit down and half an hour of enjoying the gloriously fresh air while we drank, and in Alan's case ate, we took a walk along the full length of the promenade. We were keeping pace with the Isle of Man to Heysham ferry which you can see out at sea in this photo.
Here's a little bit of the fresh air sound for you to enjoy, we stood there for quite a while enjoying the freshness. Because I have been so slow at posting this, it's now almost the weekend again ... now where should we go this week? 😀
We had our annual visit in June and did that very walk but it was scorching then. We then moved the motorhome up to the outlet so that I could replace my very worn out Skechers. Two pairs came home with me and await the cooler weather for wearing.I used to love the market for yarn and fabric but disappointing now. Catriona
Anyone may leave a comment, but keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are usually welcome.
If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.
Oooh, how lovely to see and smell the sea :) Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteAngie
Haha ... you've got a good sense of smell. 😄🐚
DeleteJust a good imagination! lol...
Delete😄
DeleteYou can't beat some sea air and a sit down. My life is very parochial at the moment. I am planning to escape overnight, but we shall see . . .
ReplyDeleteWe grab these mornings whenever we can, it's really rejuvenating. 😀
DeleteThank you for sharing the video of the sea. I enjoyed it. :)
ReplyDeleteIt was definitely very blowy and it came across very well on that little clip. 😄
DeleteWe had our annual visit in June and did that very walk but it was scorching then. We then moved the motorhome up to the outlet so that I could replace my very worn out Skechers. Two pairs came home with me and await the cooler weather for wearing.I used to love the market for yarn and fabric but disappointing now. Catriona
ReplyDeleteIt's really good value in the motor home/car park isn't it. We see some lovely ones there whenever we go. I'm glad we can go more than once a year. 😄
DeleteWe’ ve never actually stayed overnight but great value as you say.
DeleteWe often wonder what it would be like staying overnight there, but luckily we are only half an hour away. :-)
DeleteThat’s lovely Sue x
ReplyDeleteAlison in Devon x
You can't beat a blowy, but sunny day at the seaside can you. :-)
DeleteOh, yeah - I need another quick trip to the beach!
ReplyDeleteOh do go for it before Winter settles in on us all. :-)
DeleteWhat a perfect change from the hard work for you both
ReplyDeleteWe might be good at working hard, but we have always been good at taking time out for ourselves too. It's finding the balance isn't it. :-)
Delete