Monday, 3 August 2026

Whiter Than White

 

Ginger snapped while getting ready to drink out of one of his drinking stations around the garden.


Caught mid-drink.

Just three of his choices of dish at this end of the garden, he also has the dish I have out for bees and insects ... which the little birds also seem to love ... the larger bird drinking pot and when he's in the mood the watering can, which is really funny to watch when there's only an inch of water in the bottom of it.

It's not that any of the water is fresher in one pot than any other container, as I fill them all up at the same time.  Maybe the different containers offer up a slightly different flavour or drinking experience, anyway it's funny to watch him going from place one to the other, and occasionally repeating it all over again.



Here is our latest bungalow walk-through for anyone that is interested in a bit of Whiter Than White. 😁


Sue xx




26 comments:

  1. You're making good progress. I bet you can't wait to be in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be nice to be in one place once it's all done. At the moment we spend quite a bit of time between the two houses, picking things up, Alan coming home to use the toilet, me delivering his lunch etc. It's a good job we aren't moving far. 😄

      Delete
  2. The Estate Agents really would call it a 'blank canvas'!
    It's all coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, definitely a very blank canvas. 😄 The first coat of cream paint went on in the living room this morning, it looks good. ❤️

      Delete
  3. It’s really beginning to show how it will look when finished and I really like the wallpaper. Will you have curtains or blinds? I’m really enjoying watching the changes as the bungalow becomes your new home-thank you for sharing. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're toying with the idea of shutters. I'm waiting until the log burner is installed to see if there's a safe margin for curtains. If not it will be plantation style shutters for sure. 😀

      Delete
  4. Coming along nicely! JennyP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, Alan's doing a great job. 🙂

      Delete
  5. It's been a long haul... but really coming together now.
    Our cats always preferred pond water to fresh clean water bowls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been at it since December. Cats are funny creatures aren't they. 😄😺

      Delete
  6. Great progress 😀
    I love the delicate way that cats lap…….our two dogs are very noisy drinkers 😂
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so delicate when they're drinking aren't they. Suky used to splash water everywhere, and then walk away dripping. Nothing as uncouth as that with Ginger. 😺

      Delete
  7. You are making wonderful progress with your renovations! Are you going to have a log burner or fireplace in the bungalow?

    Marilyn S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are having a log burner. It should be being installed at the end of this month. 🙂

      Delete
  8. It's all coming together nicely. I so admire the both of you for taking on the renovations yourself. What a splendid job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing this was the only way to get, and be able to afford what we wanted. Alan really wanted something to sink his teeth into before settling back into retirement a bit more. 🙂

      Delete
  9. Can't beat white. It looks clean, modern and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, but the mellow shade of cream that I have chosen for the walls really sets off our vintage furniture and the new kitchen much better. That's why I put my foot down this time and said no to white in the majority of the bungalow. Like you Alan loves white, so his room and en-suite will be whiter than white. 😀

      Delete
  10. Love how Ginger goes around taking sips from all the different water containers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really funny to watch , although he takes it very seriously. 😄😺

      Delete
  11. Wow your bungalow is really coming along and looking good and the kitchen/living room is very spacious indeed! Alan seems to be enjoying the construction project too, it's fantastic that you guys have the skills to do a lot of this work yourselves. Luvs to Ginger ~ EssDee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely starting to take shape now, and yes Alan is very hands on , mostly because we used to own a building company, and he picked up so many practical skills off the guys we employed. We will of course be getting the more technical stuff signed off by the professionals. The main room is pretty spacious at the moment, it will be interesting to see it with the kitchen in situ at the start of next month, I can't wait. :-)

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. It really is, I'm very pleased with it all.

      Delete
  13. The bungalow is coming along nicely. I love the wallpaper you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I saw it I knew that this was the one, luckily Alan likes it too. He's used to my fetish for green now. ;-)

      Delete

Anyone may leave a comment, but keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are usually welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.