Isn't it nice when you are sorting through things, to find something that you haven't seen for ages that brings back happy memories. Clearing the decks ready for the photos of the house and annexe meant that I was going through some of my box files in a bid to make a bit of space in my few cupboards ... and I came across these two photos.
The top one is us not long after we got married taken outside my tiny little shop in Ulverston, Cumbria. It would have been sometime early 2008, probably when I was just setting things up as I was still working for the Hospice when we got married in December 2007. Yes, my neighbour was the Laurel and Hardy Museum when it was in it's old location, and next to them on the corner was The Chippy Bank, the best chip shop in Ulverston.
Don't ask me how many times I had a 'chip barm' for my dinner while I had the shop. π
Luckily this photo is clearly dated, or I wouldn't have had a clue.
My Dad with the rest of his class in 1938. He would have been seven years old then as his birthday was right at the end of the year ... he was born in 1930 ... so I don't know how their class numbering system worked. It obviously had changed by the time I went to the same school in 1965 as I was in Class I at five. I'm guessing it's something to do with school leaving ages, Dad left school at 14 and I left at 16.
Mum must have had trouble recognising him on the photo as she wrote his name under him. π
I'm getting really annoyed with Blogger again at the moment.
Instead of updating the blogs in my sidebar, and on lots of other people's sidebars, and showing the title of the newest post that I, or they have written, it seems to be lagging far, far behind. I am trying to get into the habit of clicking on the blog title and not the 'latest post', which is now frequently found not to be the latest post at all. I am having to do a numerous day catch up every now and then as I just hadn't realised they had published a newer post.
Don't mess with my coffee or my blog reading. π
Sue xx
It's surprising and annoying how long the blog updating hitch has been going on.
ReplyDeleteI've got used to going down the list now and clicking to see any new posts but it does take more time for sure.
In total agreement with you both here. It is so frustrating to find you are a week behind
DeleteSue - I noticed it a while ago and then it seemed remedied for a while, now it's back to it's annoying tricks.
DeleteAngela - I've fell for this so many times, and then I feel a bit guilty that people will think I haven't been reading their posts.
DeleteLovely photo outside your shop and it’s lovely to find memories which make you smile. I may go through our photos while it’s raining and enjoy some quiet time of reflection. Catriona
ReplyDeleteIt's the perfect rainy afternoon thing to do isn't it. :-)
DeleteBlogger is terrible at the moment. I think we're all cussing it!
ReplyDeleteIt's so annoying, it makes me wonder if they are going to try and bring in a paid version with no problems!
DeleteNice memories in old photos, I take my coffee blackπ
ReplyDeleteGood to hear, so do I ... the more psychopaths the better. ;-)
DeleteOops!! Above comment from me JennyP.
ReplyDeleteThanks. xx
DeleteI remember that lovely photo of your shop.
ReplyDeleteAnother black coffee drinker here π€£π
I didn't think I'd ever shared this particular photo before, lots of the front of the shop but never with us in it. I'll have to go scrolling back and have a check.
DeleteBlack coffee drinkers are the best, latte drinkers ... like Alan ... are just milk lovers. Haha ;-)
Sorry, my mistake - confusing it with another picture of your lovely shop.
DeleteI use the feedly app to keep up with the blogs I follow; when I open the app the latest posts are all there.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny but I have never been tempted to use Feedly. I mostly read blogs on my laptop at home.
DeleteWhat a pretty little shop - that would have tempted me through the door. I don't drink coffee at all . . .
ReplyDeleteI am finding that my blog posts are taking a long time to "post" which is really annoying.
How lovely to find old photos that bring happy memories. :)
ReplyDeleteYour dad and my mother were both born in 1930, but I bet they didn't dress up quite like these kids did! She was very poor, living in backwoods Texas. Every now and then I drink my coffee black, just so I can appreciate the wonder that is Coffee Mate Coconut flavor in the next cup....yuuuum.
ReplyDelete