Isn't it nice when you are sorting through things, to find something that you haven't seen for ages that brings back happy memories. Clearing the decks ready for the photos of the house and annexe meant that I was going through some of my box files in a bid to make a bit of space in my few cupboards ... and I came across these two photos.
The top one is us not long after we got married taken outside my tiny little shop in Ulverston, Cumbria. It would have been sometime early 2008, probably when I was just setting things up as I was still working for the Hospice when we got married in December 2007. Yes, my neighbour was the Laurel and Hardy Museum when it was in it's old location, and next to them on the corner was The Chippy Bank, the best chip shop in Ulverston.
Don't ask me how many times I had a 'chip barm' for my dinner while I had the shop. 😁
Luckily this photo is clearly dated, or I wouldn't have had a clue.
My Dad with the rest of his class in 1938. He would have been seven years old then as his birthday was right at the end of the year ... he was born in 1930 ... so I don't know how their class numbering system worked. It obviously had changed by the time I went to the same school in 1965 as I was in Class I at five. I'm guessing it's something to do with school leaving ages, Dad left school at 14 and I left at 16.
Mum must have had trouble recognising him on the photo as she wrote his name under him. 💖
I'm getting really annoyed with Blogger again at the moment.
Instead of updating the blogs in my sidebar, and on lots of other people's sidebars, and showing the title of the newest post that I, or they have written, it seems to be lagging far, far behind. I am trying to get into the habit of clicking on the blog title and not the 'latest post', which is now frequently found not to be the latest post at all. I am having to do a numerous day catch up every now and then as I just hadn't realised they had published a newer post.
Don't mess with my coffee or my blog reading. 😠
Sue xx



No comments:
Post a Comment
Anyone may leave a comment, but keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are usually welcome.
If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.