Sunday, 12 July 2026

A Much Needed Break


Heythrop Park Hotel
Cotswolds, UK

A relaxing and much needed destination for a weekend away as we reach the halfway stage in the renovations at the bungalow. 


 We had a quick pit stop on the way, to have a much needed coffee each and share a tuna, sweetcorn and pasta salad.  It was a five hour, but relatively easy journey from home to the Cotswolds.  SatNavs are brilliant things. 😀

When we arrived we settled into our room and then a had a lovely meal before settling down for our 'Tribute Acts' weekend. 


The first night's entertainment was a Bryan Adams tribute  ... Bein' Adams.  He sounded just like the real thing according to Alan who is a big Adams fan.


After a multi-course breakfast on Saturday we had a lovely lazy day.  Exploring the hotel, reading,  drinking coffee and just generally unwinding.   Alan has needed this time-out for a while.


After a very lazy morning we both enjoyed the Kylie Minogue tribute 'Kylie Fied' in the afternoon. 



Followed by the Madonna tribute in the evening, before the masses piled into the theatre venue to watch the England world cup match live on the big screen. 

 We retired to our room, where I fell asleep instantly and Alan managed to stay awake long enough to see the first half.  Neither of us are football fans ... sorry.  😄

Meanwhile, back at home Ginger is very happy with Uncle Jason, who has been busy watering the garden for me and relaxing himself. 

I'm sure he was tuned into the football match, he's much more of a footie fan than us. ⚽️


Sue xx


 

24 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect break for you both, and well-earned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really good break for sure.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea to go to a hotel so you can both enjoy the break. Breakfast looks excellent and it’s great to have entertainment too. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just wanted it really simple, meals provided, a pool if Alan wanted to swim ... he didn't ... and entertainment and wine in the evening. The lovely highlight was that the hotel was fully air conditioned, we REALLY appreciated that with the temperature outside being in the mid 30s.

      Delete
  3. What an enormous hotel - hope they give you a map!
    It sounds like a very restful place with added music - enjoy the rest of your stay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's huge, luckily we had a downloadable map on our phones and there were a few dotted around the place.

      The weirdest thing was the floor numbering, -2 was the ground floor, -1 was the first floor and we were on G which was actually the second floor. I have no explanation, everyone was having a moan about it. We just about got used to the layout by the day we were leaving. :-)

      Delete
  4. Looks like a much needed break - the work on the bungalow, and concerns for your Mum will be taking their toll - enjoy every minute of the time away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely taking their toll mentally and health-wise, so it was a very much needed break. Alan has returned much more relaxed.

      Delete
  5. I have never had a breakfast that includes beans and toast, but it looks pretty good! Sounds like a great weekend was had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty standard in an English and Scottish cooked breakfast. :-)

      Delete
  6. My daughter and son in law returned a week ago from hiking in the Cotswolds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope their weather was sightly cooler then, everywhere was looking parched, there was not much green grass to be seen.

      Delete
  7. What a fabulous break for you both. I didn't stay up to watch the footie, although I don't mind it, OH watched the first half and said Norway's game was rubbish. Now we only have to beat Argentina, and no hand of God this time! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even see the very start of it, I must have been out like a light the minute my head touched the pillow. I'll carry on avoiding it to the best of my ability. :-)

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a fun escape! The Kylie tribute singer doesn't look much like her, but maybe she sounds like her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looked much more petite than her photos show her, and yes she sounded really good. Alan loved the little gold hotpants outfit change. ;-)

      Delete
  9. How lovely to get away, sounds like you had the best time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds a perfect few days away, I love Kylie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the Netflix two part documentary on Kylie only a couple of weeks ago, so it was nice to see this tribute act performing all the hits.

      Delete
  11. Hope you had a lovely weekend away. That hotel is huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seemingly it's the biggest one in the chain. It was a bit too big for us, so I doubt we will ever return.

      Delete
  12. It sounds like a lovely weekend away, Wow that hotel is very large.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was much too big, still all the walking made us appreciate our meals, and the air conditioning. 😄

      Delete

Anyone may leave a comment, but keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are usually welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.