4th Aldi - £26.38
This weeks shopping for your perusal. I nearly shared it the other day, but it would have clashed with Sue's lovely shopping display on Monday.
I was hijacked twice on this shopping trip.
Once by the plant trolley outside, after all how could I resist such an unusual plant for just £1.89, then once I had reached the usually very ignorable middle aisles, I spied something deliciously green. Two little pie dishes for £2.99, I popped them in my trolley along with a dispenser for washing up liquid that will look wonderful in our soon-to-be new kitchen.
The receipt.
I was surprised to only spend £26.38 really, but not buying alcohol worked in my favour. Two little dishes will last so much longer than a bottle of wine!!
Here it is on the worktop at home, it doesn't look much but it really was all that I needed for now to go with the things that I already have.
Do you get tempted by the middle aisles in Aldi or Lidl?
Sue xx



Apologies for my post today too!
ReplyDeleteIt's brilliant, no need to apologise. 😀
DeleteI find that I dislike the disorder in Lidl. I read the leaflet in the app and think things sound interesting but can hardly ever see them in the store. I've gradually reduced my Lidl visits to once a month. I buy a couple of specific things and call it a day. It may be slightly more expensive in other stores but they are a much less chaotic experience. Plus, our Lidl is apparently too small to have self-service checkouts and I hate queuing with my few items behind people with huge trolley loads. I would have been tempted by the pie dishes, but had I found them 🙄 would have put them back as I definitely don't need any more.
ReplyDeleteI've never shopped in Lidl, I downloaded the app and nearly did, but then I changed my mind. I'll stick to Aldi, the layout makes a lot of sense and is replicated in most of their stores.
DeleteI didn't need the green dishes either ... 😄
The entral aisles at Aldi aren't as interesting as they used to be. I cast an eye across them as I walk past but can't remember the last time I got tempted. At least you just bought things you actually needed.
ReplyDeleteI tend to just glance at them usually. The special foods are usually very expensive, it was strange how these things caught my eye. 🫤
DeleteI realise that when I go into Lidl, I only buy specific things and don’t bother much with the middle parts. Thus may change as the festive goodies appear. Catriona
ReplyDeleteI'm usually very good at completely ignoring the middle aisles. Like you I go in for specific items, and then I just aim for the checkouts. I was obviously hijacked this time. 😄
DeleteI have to go grocery shopping in about an hour. It's not as much fun as it used be. I find, the older I get those food in those middle aisles don't appeal to me like they used to.
ReplyDeleteI do tend to buy mostly the same things week after week usually. Even if I look at other things I rarely pick them up. I do have to dawdle a bit as Alan buys a lot more than me and takes longer ... so I'm blaming him. 😄
DeleteI'm not often tempted by the middle aisle of Aldi, our nearest Lidl is a trek! But on Thursday OH bought some shorts, only £6.99. He's not really a shorts person, but the heat has got to him. And wine is always on my shopping list. Xx
ReplyDeleteI guess my two little dishes and soap dispenser can be classed as this weeks wine. 😁
DeleteLooks like a very good grocery shopping trip to me. I don't think we have Lidl here. We do have Aldi, but, the nearest Aldi is a bit of a drive and I haven't shopped there. I've started getting my groceries delivered and that's a blessing when I'm laid up with a sciatica flare up as I am, currently.
ReplyDeleteWe don't have a Lidl either, but really I'm thinking there's only the need for one or the other isn’t there. I wonder how they do when there's one of each close together. I hope your sciatica flare up calms down soon. xx
DeleteWe have neither in Canada. When we are in Spain I prefer Lidl. The Aldi is sad, it's just not a good experience in there. Can't download the app unless I tell my google that I know live in the EU and then when we return to Canada, I have to wait a year to return google to North America.
ReplyDeleteI get the comment about the wine freeing up money for other things. Today, I treated myself to a Woman's Weekly instead of two bars of chocolate. Less damaging to my hips and liver.
Oh gosh that's a bit of a faff with Google isn't it. 🤔
DeleteSwapping wine for something longer lasting can be a good idea ... occasionally. 😄
Thats an affirmative, I love the middle aisles, but try not to buy too often 🤭😂
ReplyDeleteAlison in Devon x
I think these things are my first purchases from the middle aisles this year, I've done well. 😁
DeleteWe did well in the middle aisles in early January for the last packs of the Christmas packs of dried fruit, candied peel, nuts, e.v. olive oil, coffee beans, etc. 70% off, though we left all of the sweets and sugary stuff. I like their plants, and we had several successful fruit trees for the allotment at £4.99.
ReplyDeleteI think Aldi has some great prices on their plants and flowers. I hate to see the plants outside when they are all shrivelled up and not watered though. 🫤
DeleteGraham always gets drawn to the middle aisles in Lidl but I can't be bothered. He rarely buys anything just spends an hour looking! It drives me crazy!
ReplyDeleteOh well, if it keeps him out of mischief. 😄
DeleteYes, I seriously queue outside Aldi before the doors open, having already seen online what's available in the middle aisle. Then I make a beeline and grab the goodies. This week, it was two big wedge back support cushions (one for me and one for my pregnant daughter), a long cylindrical shaped cushion just because I liked it, and a ceramic orange. Sometimes I put food in the cart too. - Essdee
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to find something that you really need occasionally in the middle aisles. Picking up a bit of food while you're there is usually a good idea. 😄
DeleteI'm tempted by the middle aisles everywhere! I walk through them just in case they spark a reminder of something I need or want to try. But I haven't been grocery shopping as much lately anyway.
ReplyDeleteSometimes you can save temptation AND a lot of money by simply staying away from the shops. 😀
DeleteI always cast a glance at the middle aisles but normally don't spy anything I need. Always worth a look though.
ReplyDeleteYes, that's exactly how I usually do it. A quick glance and then leave well alone. :-)
Delete