Monday, 6 July 2026

Remembering ... with Flowers

 


Look what came up in my Facebook Memories this morning.  I shared it years ago and it felt very appropriate.


As I had just been out into the garden to take some photos of the flowers that we currently have there.

The potentillas ...  Anemone 'Ruffled Swan'


Two bees were busy buzzing around, much more interested in the flowers than they were in me.

The sunflowers.

The cherry tomatoes.

One of the many figs.


And the little vegetable bed, with the intense heat of the last few weeks the Rocket had gone to seed, but the bees loved the flowers so they are staying in situ for now.


The bee drinking station that I always have in the garden.  The birds love it as much as the bees and other insects, so it needs topping up daily.

The reason for me photographing some of the flowers in the garden ...


... I was remembering Suky.

13th October 2011 -  6th July 2024
  💖🌹💖


Sue xx



 

24 comments:

  1. Aw, lovely photo of Suky - and the flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first image made me laugh Sue. My first thought was, how is she gonna get up from that position, ha ha. Adorable Suky. Sending you my love today. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a problem wouldn't it. :-)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful photos—and you are so right:
    one moment you’re young and... and the next... you’re rushing to photograph the flowers in your garden. It reminded me of myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to take pleasure in the slower, simpler things in life isn't it. :-)

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos❤️Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great photos. I feel like I'm right there, admiring the flowers and your veggie garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've not got a lot of veggies this year, but it's always good to have some. :-)

      Delete
  6. Suky was a big part of your lives. She was always ready to be photographed. Love your plants and the bee drinking station.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she was my little shadow for the whole of her life. Such a special girl. xx

      Delete
  7. Dear Suky. Lovely flowers and a beautiful way to remember your dear girl. Regards Sue H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have many wonderful memories of her. We went to her favourite place for a coffee yesterday. She could always lead us there from the caravan if we uttered the words 'coffee and cake'. She knew they had gravy bones and lovely cold water for visiting dogs, as well as an orchard to run around.

      Delete
  8. I think your lovely white flowers are japanese anemones, rather than potentillas. They are so pretty. Ah Suky, what a character she was and how much joy she brought you (and us!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right. I looked at the garden plan that I drew up when I put everything in place, and it looks like the Anemone 'Ruffled Swan' has completely and utterly drowned out the potentillas. Thank you. xx

      Delete
  9. What a sweet little dog Suky was. Your photos are lovely too.
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was so sweet, we both miss her funny little ways and her certainty that everyone and every living creature would love her. xx

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. She really was, right to the end. 🌹

      Delete
  11. Lovely photos of flowers and of Suky, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She was such an amazing little girl - and you gave her the most wonderful life.

    But it's never long enough, is it?, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's never long enough. 💔 She was perhaps one of the only Pugs to be a true farm dog. As happy in the company of cows, sheep and birds as she was with other dogs. ❤️

      Delete

Anyone may leave a comment, but keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are usually welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.