At the opposite side a bit more was needed as my little 'desk' area will be shown as more of a breakfast bar for the estate agents photos. It's been satisfying to do, but bitty and tiring.
We have managed to find quite a few things to add to Facebook Market place, including my printer as we will only need one when we move, and Alan's large Vax carpet cleaner ... once he had finished cleaning all his carpets of course. 😄
Of course as is usually the way with things, Alan's middle floor toilet decided to start leaking and he needed a washer. Only these days you can't generally buy just a washer, you have to buy a whole new set of innards for the toilet. So what used to be a 20p fix turns into a £16 set of new component parts.
That's just one of the reasons I tried so hard to keep the original toilet from the bungalow. 😒
The estate agent is coming round tomorrow to look everything over and give us a valuation, that should be very interesting ... I wonder how much we are worth?
Sue xx

Good luck with the valuation. Maeve x
ReplyDeleteThanks. 🙂 xx
DeleteI Echo the comment above, hope it's a good valuation.
ReplyDeleteThank you. 🙂 xx
DeleteDitto above.
ReplyDeleteThanks. 🙂 xx
DeleteGood luck and hopefully a viid valuation will
ReplyDeletebe given. Catriona
Fingers crossed. 🤞
DeleteI hope the evaluation goes well.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Thanks. 🙂 xx
DeleteGood luck with the valuation. Hope you are worth quite a bit! :)
ReplyDeleteIt would be lovely wouldn't it. 😀
DeleteIf you know (are aware of) the current market rates for your area you’ll know whether the agent is on the ball and not spinning your a line.
ReplyDeleteIs property moving quickly or do you think you’re going to have to appeal to the ‘right buyer’?
We are very aware of trends and prices as we've been property watching in this area since 2021 when we bought this property, then our rental house and then our bungalow at the end of last year. The market is quite a quick one for sales, but a lot of folk are having trouble getting mortgages so some 'Sold' houses end up back on the market when a mortgage falls through.
DeleteHappily we are quite a unique property with the attached annexe, suitable for elderly relatives or older children still living at home. I think we will be the only property with an annexe on the market in town, I can't find any others.
Fingers crossed for when you come to sell that it all goes smoothly.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely, it would be nice to get a quick, trouble free sale. 🙂
DeleteExciting times!
ReplyDeleteExciting, but exhausting at the moment. As usual we have so much going on at once. 😄
DeleteI’m thinking your place with the annexe is very des res - good luck
ReplyDeleteAlison in Devon x
I think it will appeal to the right people when it's advertised. I know we pounced on it as soon as we saw it back in 2021. 😀 🤞
DeleteAll those little details add up. I think mostly people want to picture themselves int he space. When we sold our first house, we were told to make it clean, and minimal. Did the trick.
ReplyDeleteWe're having the photos and video taken tomorrow afternoon, we've been given a list of everything that we should remove from surfaces. I'm going to have a busy morning tomorrow. 😄
DeleteI went through this last year
ReplyDeleteThe renovations on our current home will be finished in a few weeks. Add in a couple of expensive medical things and a large car repair and I feel like I've done nothing but calculate our finances over and over. I will be glad when the dust settles in more ways than one. I hope you get a good surprise on the value of your home. We did so it can happen.
I've been through all this far too many times, 18 in total, and as before at the moment I am saying 'never again'. When will I learn!! It was valued at £10,000 more than we expected, so we were both pleasantly surprised.
DeleteI see from your comment above that you got a good valuation, so I guess that makes all the cleaning worthwhile. Exciting to be on the verge of some life changes!
ReplyDeleteIt really does. It will be nice to move into what is hopefully our final home. 😀 But never say never .... 😄
Delete