Friday, 24 July 2026

Hiding the Everyday

 


Seemingly these days when you are having photos taken for a house sale, you don't just hide the clutter, you have to hide the everyday!!

The house was valued yesterday, I'll tell you the result when I share the estate agents details with you, but don't worry you won't have to wait long, things are moving at the speed of a hungry leopard.  

As soon as the estate agent left our phones started pinging with forms to fill in, instructions of what paperwork we needed and instructions from the photographer, videographer and social media wizard on what we should do to prepare for the photos being taken later on today.


You are advised to put away anything but the main component parts of each room, so that any viewers can imagine their things and themselves in your space.  I am now of the opinion that some people have very little imagination. 😄


We got up early and started almost immediately, now I can't find anything!!


Happily you are 'allowed' to leave a kettle out.

It did spur me on to finally remove the two Winter jackets that were still hanging by the front door though. 😁

Pet food bowls and all traces of animals are to be removed, but we won't do that until ten minutes before they are due to arrive ... we don't want to upset Ginger.  Cars have to be off the driveway or off-road parking area, but we won't do that until just before they come ... we don't want to annoy the neighbours.

  All the paraphernalia off my desk and from the bathroom is in the boot of my car along with a myriad of other things.  Happily I know where my glasses and my current book are, but I am not sure what to have for my lunch, it will have to be something very simple, as all the bits and bobs from the kitchen have been stashed away into the drawers, so no pans are accessible.

It will be nice to get back to normal, still tidy ready for viewings but just more normal.


Have you moved home recently and were you instructed to do all this?


Sue xx


3 comments:

  1. That's very interesting, and very rigid. There are some things I won't be doing when we finally come to move. Actually, one of the things I won't be doing is having any sort of video of my home. Far too much information being presented. Decent photos and a good floor plan. If people are seriously interested they will make a viewing appointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will say that the agent that we are using is one we have worked with before, and they have a remarkably good turnover rate, so we decided to go along with this new type of instruction. The videos are to capture younger purchasers imagination, static photos don't grab attention as much on Instagram or TikTok, which seemingly is where young couples and families house hunt these days. How times have changed eh!! 🤔

      Delete
    2. I can't imagine you using anyone who wasn't good 😁. I've never even had a sign outside any property that I've sold despite all the agent bleating, and it's never been a problem. I'm sure my refusal to indulge the TikTok generation won't be a problem either. Not something to look forward to though. Like you, I've moved a lot. Thought this was the 'forever' home but there are changes around us that may mean it isn't.

      Delete

Anyone may leave a comment, but keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are usually welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.