I took two books away with me, but just about managed to get through this one, it was a really good read and I really enjoyed it.
It was the perfect holiday book in fact.
While I read my book Alan sat and soaked up the rays, or read through the three newspapers he bought. It's funny, but the only time he buys newspapers is when we are on holiday.
Sundays afternoon entertainment was a Westlife tribute act. Although I was never really that into Westlife, they did sing the songs really well and sounded very authentic.
After a little bit more outside time it was time to go and get changed for the evening meal and the evening entertainment.
On Sunday night it was a Spice Girls tribute act. They weren't bad, but they were possibly the worst of all the tribute acts we saw over the weekend.
Then it was time to retire, and have a final night in our lovely spacious, air-conditioned room.
Now that we are home, it's time to get our current house tidied, sorted and all ready to be photographed for going on the market at the start of next month. We have managed to get through virtually all of our savings doing the work that we have done already on the bungalow, so it's imperative that we try and get a quick sale and replenish the coffers.
As always after a holiday of any length, I am so glad to be back home, in my own bed, with my own things all around me ... even if I do have to cook and wash pots. 😄
Sue xx





We'll all be rooting for a fabulous sale price. and a quickly concluded deal. It's such a convoluted business over there. In New Zealand it's s much simpler, but it's become the norm for houses to be "staged", often with virtually none of the owners' furniture left to display. We're told the houses staged bring in at least $20K (£10)+ more than those left 'as is'. But part of the problem is that younger people don't seem to have any vision for how a property could be transformed. They want it "all done - just move in" So they pay for it.
ReplyDeleteIt really does seem to be a very convoluted and lengthy business in England doesn't it. My son is a first time buyer, with a good deposit and a mortgage in place and his purchase of an empty, ready to move into bungalow has been going on for over four months already!!
DeleteWe are doing a sort of staging ourselves, we've moved enough times so we are definitely getting the hang of it. 😄
Your house will sell really quickly I’m sure and your lovely little garden will be the cherry on the cake for whoever buys it. Glad you are rested and ready to start again. Catriona
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed it does, but even a quick sale is estimated to take between 4 and 6 monts at the moment ... so I'm not holding my breath. 😄
DeleteI hope it sells fast. And I'm so glad you had such a good break. Never having appreciated the Spice Girls, I think that of all the tribute acts in your weekend, that would be the one I'd leave out
ReplyDeleteWe had a choice of Spice Girls or Wet, Wet, Wet. We may have chosen wrong. 😄
DeleteI've enjoyed two books by Evie Wood - Lost Bookshop and The Story collector so will make a note of this one .
ReplyDeleteHope you have a speedy house sale. Things are odd on the housing market around here.
A few people have recommended The Lost Bookshop to me. 🙂
DeleteHouses seem to go on the market and say 'Sold' very quickly around here, but then they are back on the market after a month. Seemingly mortgage providers are being exceptionally picky. 🤔
Best of luck with the house sale. I would think your property has a lot to offer, especially with the additional separate apartment--either as a rental for supplemental income or as an in-law place. Certainly should be good for marketing. Fingers crossed.
ReplyDeleteYes, having the annexe attached makes ours quite a unique property. While it cannot be rented out separately even on a short-term basis, this is in the deeds, I guess it could be let on Airbnb for the occasional week or couple of nights. Sharing with in-laws would be ideal for paying off a mortgage too. 😀
DeleteHi Sue, my husband and I were at Hythrop Park on Sunday I thought I saw you in the market kitchen on Sunday evening. I wasn’t sure enough to come and say hello though and didn’t wish to be rude and interrupt your meal. I’m pleased you both had a lovely time. Wishing you well for your house sale. Kind regards Julie
ReplyDeleteWe ate in the Market Kitchen for every meal, so it was probably us. 😀 I would have loved to meet you, but I know what you mean about not approaching someone, I've let the chance pass me by in the past when I've spotted a fellow blogger.
DeleteFingers crossed your house sells quickly and you can move to your dream bungalow. Holidays are great but there's nowhere as good as home and I bet the cat was pleased to see you. Xx
ReplyDeleteHopefully it will, but we will move into the bungalow as soon as it's ready whatever happens. 😀 Ginger is so laid back you can never tell what he's thinking. He likes all the attention he gets off his Uncle Jason though, so he might be missing that a bit. I think Jason really misses having animals around him these days.
DeleteHeythrop Park is one Warner Hotel we have never been to. It looks lovely, and the food looks delicious. Glad you've both recharged your batteries :)
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed for a quick sale of your home now. Onward and upward!
Angie
It was good, but we have since found out that of all the Warner hotels it is ranked last, due to the sheer size of it. Having it's own golf course is one reason a lot of people go there though.
DeleteGlad you had a good holiday and found the perfect book. You certainly had good weather for it! Good luck for a quick house sale.
ReplyDeleteWe were lucky with the weather, Alan loves a good heatwave, and I loved the air-con. 😄
DeleteHolidays are wonderful, but getting home and in our own beds is bliss. Hope you have a quick house sale.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
It's lovely being home again. Fingers crossed for the house sale, we've nearly got it ready for photos now. 🤞
DeleteSo glad you enjoyed the break. Good luck with the house sale
ReplyDeleteAlison in Devon x
Thank you. 😀
DeleteSounded a super break, I think I'll look up Warners Hols, again.
ReplyDeleteThey are very good, especially if you want a holiday with no children running around. 😄
DeleteSounds like it was a lovely vacation. Hope your house sells quickly and for the asking price, if not more!
ReplyDeleteOoh .. more than the asking price would be good wouldn't it. I'm wondering what the asking price will be now. :-)
Delete