Saturday, 10 October 2026

Tomatoes ... and Chickpeas

 


A slightly blurry photo, but isn't it nice to still be able to pick some homegrown tomatoes so late in the year.  

The majority of them are the yellow ones now, but a few of the red cherry tomatoes in my hanging basket are still ripening.  These gloriously seemingly spur of the moment sunny and warm days are keeping them going.  Helped by being in the sunniest part of the garden.  I thought I would be making some green onion chutney again, but I've now lost all the green ones to various shades of yellow and red ... which I am quite happy about.

I think a cook up of some lovely garlicky, tomatoey pasta style sauce will be on the cards in the next couple of days.  It will be lovely in the dark, short days that will soon be with us, and a nice reminder of the sunnier and warmer days of Summer.


I had made a small panful last week with the pickings from the week before, first we used it for our tea stirred through some pasta, and then the next night we finished it off on some homemade baguette style pizzas.  While the oven was on I put in some salt, pepper and garlic powder chickpeas to crisp up as a evening snack to go with a glass of wine.  

I might do the same again next time the oven is on for something else, they were very moreish.


Sue xx




1 comment:

  1. I did some chickpeas in the air fryer last night for a snack-must be these dark nights making us need a wee treat. Currently 55p a jar in M and S and the jar is a great size for reuse.Catriona

    ReplyDelete

Anyone may leave a comment, but keep it nice and keep it friendly ... or you will be deleted. I have no time whatsoever for nastiness or trolls, but differing opinions are usually welcome.

If you find you have to comment Anonymously for technical reasons please always leave your first name at the end of your comments. I'm sorry but comments with no name will be deleted.