I do love a book with it's own bookmark ribbon. 😄
I have all of Jack's books and regularly make things from them, but I had two copies of this book. This copy is one of the original 'crowdfunded' editions so I have kept this and donated the other hardbacked copy that came out afterwards.
Kept the original, and Donated this one.
For instance, take a bag of mixed leaves and top with a flaked cooked salmon portion and pour over a little lemon juice as a dressing. To me this is an idea not a recipe.
Donated
I was lucky enough to find this book on the £1 charity book table in Booths. I love the show and watch it religiously every week, so to be able to 'play' the game myself was really good. I did quite well ...in everything except The Wall.
Donated ... back to where it came from for someone else to enjoy.
Thinking On My Feet by Kate Humble
My final book of the month and finished just yesterday, was this one year diary of Kate Humble's walks, both local to her in this country and overseas when she travelled for work engagements. It was a really good read and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
But I would never have read it again, so it was Donated.
All in all a good month of reading with more cookbooks than usual as I am trying to whittle down my collection so that I don't clutter up my soon-to-be new kitchen. 😄
I do find myself in a position these days to be able to be quite ruthless with the books that I keep. Maybe I am simply becoming a book reader, and not always a reader and collector. They can on occasion be two entirely different but compatible hobbies.
Which are you?
Sue xx
I found a beautiful hardback copy of VCMs FFCL QZ BK for £1 on the Lidl Charity table the other day. Read it, then put it away safely for a Christmas gift for a family member who is equally addicted to the show. Like you I am being more ruthless about books. One in means one out...
ReplyDeleteLuckily books downloaded onto my kindle, mostly 99p ones, don't take up any space on my shelves...although I enjoy reading real books too. I'm trying to reduce the number of books we have around the house
ReplyDeleteI read one really good book this month -Lessons in Chemistry--and it will be discussed at our readers’ group tomorrow. My favourite book of the year so far and hope I can pick up one or two others when I’m in the library for the group. Catriona
ReplyDeleteI am both. We have far too many books and keep on trying to reduce them without much luck although we did donate two to the charity shop this week which is a.miracle. Regards Sue H
ReplyDelete