It should imagine you've all heard of Triple Cooked Chips, available for quite a cost at lots of cafés and restaurants these days.
Well, I had some a few weeks back when we went out for lunch to a local garden centre. Alan was having a sandwich and side salad, he's a real salad man and always has been, and as I wasn't terribly hungry I decided to just have the side of chips to share with Alan along with some mayonnaise for dunking purposes.
The side of Triple Cooked Chips was £5.
Admittedly you did get a good sized portion, so much so that even with Alan having a few and me dunking away to my hearts desire, I couldn't finish them off. Alan laughed when I fished a small poly bag out of my handbag and put the remaining 7 chips into it, I told him for that price ... for any price for that matter ... they were coming home with me.
They were popped straight into the freezer when we got home.
Then the other day I found a box in the freezer with just two fish fingers in it, not really enough for a fishfinger butty but then when I spied the chips in the same freezer drawer, my lunch idea materialised quickly.
My simple lunch a Quadruple Cooked Chip and Fish Finger Butty ... and very nice it was too.
Gosh those chips were really nice!! 😄
Sue xx
I have started reheating "reserved" chips in the airfryer. It works really well, and uses less energy than the oven, less fat than the frying pan.
ReplyDeleteThey reheat really well don't they. I use the Remoska, which is in effect an airfryer without the fan. 🙂
DeleteYummy lunch!
ReplyDeleteIt was very tasty. 😀
DeleteI don't think I have ever reheated chips, I've never had any left.
ReplyDeleteI can't eat as much these days, I am having to learn my new limits. But I would never waste chips. 😀
DeleteI too have started reheating chips when there are some left from an occasional treat. Like Ang, I put them in the air fryer. Catriona
ReplyDeleteMine just go in the Remoska, it wouldn't be cost effective to put them in the oven, unless it was on for something else. 🙂
DeleteThat's a great 'waste not want not' tip. I've often reheated chip shop chips in the past when even a single small portion has been too much for two of us. They turn out lovely and crispy.
ReplyDeleteAngie
It's always surprising how much extra fat comes out of them when they're reheated isn't it. 😀
DeleteAbsolutely right, Sue :)
Delete:-) xx
DeleteI've never had chips in a sandwich, but, the triple cooked chips sound delicious.
ReplyDeleteThey are super tasty, and on a sandwich they reach a whole other level. 😀
DeleteThis looks good to me - I've been wanting a fried fish sandwich lately. Go ahead and layer the fries on mine with an un-healthy blob of tartar sauce, thanks.
ReplyDeleteIt's mayonnaise for me, but Alan loves a good tartar sauce. :-)
DeleteLooks great and a good saving of food. Unfortunately I can't eat anything in crumbs from the supermarket these days. They put something in it which affects my throat. Never figured out what ingredient is the problem but it seems a universal problem so I've taken the hint and given up. Nice to look though. I'd have tartar sauce too 😋
ReplyDeleteI wonder if it's something to do with the colouring they use, it can be a very garish shade of orange can't it. :-(
DeleteThose chips look very tasty , waste not want not 😀
ReplyDeleteAlison in Devon x
Oh definitely, there's no way they could have been left behind. :-)
Delete