Lunch 1 - Homemade Vegetable Soup and a toasted crust of bread.
My lunches, frequently also called dinners here up North ... .with me it depends what mood I am in ... are quite simple affairs. I've been trying to get away from just sandwiches at every midday meal and have also been attempting to use up the bitty bits from the fridge and freezer at lunchtime. The more I delve in the freezer drawers the more I seem to find.
Also leftovers, and the last one or two of anything make for brilliant lunches.
Lunch 2 - Fishfinger Butty and homegrown tomatoes.
Lunch 3 - Leftover Rice and Roasted Vegetables.
Lunch 4 - A Tomatoey Vegetable Medley
Lunch 5 - Homemade Soup and half a Garlic Bread
Lunch 6 - A Sausage Bun with Ketchup
One thing most of my, and our meals have had in common this past couple of weeks has been the addition of courgette. We are in the midst of a yellow courgette glut and I am determined to keep up with the output this year.
Sometimes just a few slices and sometimes a whole lot more.
Lunch 7 - A Vegetable Omelette
It's been a very tasty seven days. Now I have just started on a 'Week of Teas' ... we will see how long it takes me to photograph seven nights of evening meals. I keep forgetting ... I have a lot on my mind ... but no-one wants to see a half eaten plate of food, so I will persevere. 😄
What is your favourite type of lunch?
Sue xx

I eat my main meal around 1 o'clock now does that make it lunch or dinner, that is the question!
ReplyDeleteEither ... or both. 😄
DeleteLinner :)
Delete~ skye
😄
DeleteWe tend to eat our main meal at lunchtime and call it dinner , today it was a courgette and cheese omelette with a few chips and salad………at the moment my favourite food at lunchtime would be something heavily flavoured with garlic and olive oil, perhaps Italian or Greek inspired……..think it’s all this wall to wall sunshine.
ReplyDeleteAlison in Devon x
I tend to eat my main meal at teatime these days, that way I don't need to have any supper. Or maybe a few crisps and a glass of wine if I'm a bit peckish.
DeleteSitting under the patio umbrella with ham salad wraps and fresh fruit. Eating a little more in the evening when it is cooler...
ReplyDeleteI'm working my way through the contents of the freezer at the moment, hence the two portions of soup. Actually it was quite nice to eat a bowl of soup even though it was a really hot day.
DeleteHa! I've made that mistake before -- meant to photograph a meal and remembered when I'm halfway through it! Oh well.
ReplyDeleteOh it's a frequent happening here ... it just means I get to eat the same thing again another day so that I can photograph it. ;-)
DeleteSome tasty looking meals there, especially the rice with roasted vegetables. I generally don't eat breakfast, so I call my first meal of the day, eaten in the early afternoon, "brunch". It can be leftovers, a sandwich, scrambled eggs, pancakes or waffles.
ReplyDeleteThat all sounds very tasty. :-)
DeleteWell, up until the US had a scare with a parasite infecting lettuce/etc. (and every day a revision in where it came from/where it was sold/how things were infected - ugh), I used to have a salad with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, a few chopped nuts, a bit of crumbled feta. I am a bit more reticent about eating salad while trying to hold onto my common sense and not catastrophize about US (not ready for prime time) food safety. Sigh. These days, let's just say I am a bit scattered about deciding what to eat at lunch time.
ReplyDeleteGosh that is worrying!! I was just reading about it, seemingly there are now over 10,000 people that have been infected in the US. I would be very upset by that as I love Iceberg lettuce which seems to be the most affected.
DeleteWe eat our main meal at lunchtime and supper/tea at around 6. Our supper/tea tends to be soft rolls and cold meat or cheese, and finger food bits of salad, nuts, grapes etc
ReplyDeleteIt really is sandwich/roll season at the moment isn't it.
DeleteOh, you make me blush! I am so boring with my lunches! Unless we go out with friends for a "proper lunch" I have a slice of bread with either Zero Lactose Edam , or a nice cheese if we happen to have had visitors and there's some left over (currently Maasdan) , and a piece of fruit. And a pot of coffee, if I haven't already had TWO!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm currently varying things a bit more than usual as I am in the process of eating up all the bits and bobs from the freezer. I would be more than happy to have a simple fishfinger butty every day for a week. :-)
DeleteLunch around 1
ReplyDeleteAfternoon tea around 4 - with a very small snack to accompany the tea
Supper at 7 , preferably just as the Archers have started
When my late husband was alive we would often eat out in the evening -
he referred to that as dinner but to me it was always supper
My two year old granddaughter called me today - she lives in the USA - and spent a lot of our chat telling me about her favourite snacks !
Miriam
Aww, I bet that was a lovely conversation. ❤️
DeleteLunch at 1_usually soup and half a sandwich. Or raw veggies and onion dip followed by yogurt w a little granola. And at 4 sometimes a bag of popcorn. The " single" size
ReplyDeleteOoh, I've not had popcorn for ages. Those little bags are a perfect sized snack aren't they. 😀
Delete